The simFlight Network Forums

Removal of Specific Device from FSUIPC Config

Dear Pete, 

Recently my throttle unit does not work properly therefore I need to do a RMA and get another unit from the vendor. May I know if the GUID of the new unit will be different from my current one provided that they are both the same model? This is my concern because I am not sure whether I should delete all the corresponding assignments and the entry in [Joynames] section as a good practice (according to user guide, users are advised to manually delete unused entries in that section).

If I have to delete the entries, should I just go to FSUIPC options in the sim and delete the assignment one-by-one? Or is there any faster way to do it?

Thanks very much for support.

Anson

9 hours ago, TszChun.Anson said:

Recently my throttle unit does not work properly therefore I need to do a RMA and get another unit from the vendor. May I know if the GUID of the new unit will be different from my current one provided that they are both the same model?

The GUID is generated by Windows. If the new one looks absolutely identical to the old one, and you don't update Windows in the meanwhile, I think it may well be the same. But don't "uninstall£ the old one from Windows.

9 hours ago, TszChun.Anson said:

This is my concern because I am not sure whether I should delete all the corresponding assignments and the entry in [Joynames] section as a good practice (according to user guide, users are advised to manually delete unused entries in that section).

No. Don'tdelete anything. Best to make sure you are using JoyLetters NOW, before unplugging it,. Then when the new one comes even if Windows treats it as a different device it will simply be a matter of editing a couple of lines in the FSUIPC INI file "JoyNames" section.

Pete

17 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

The GUID is generated by Windows. If the new one looks absolutely identical to the old one, and you don't update Windows in the meanwhile, I think it may well be the same. But don't "uninstall£ the old one from Windows.

No. Don'tdelete anything. Best to make sure you are using JoyLetters NOW, before unplugging it,. Then when the new one comes even if Windows treats it as a different device it will simply be a matter of editing a couple of lines in the FSUIPC INI file "JoyNames" section.

Pete

Oh! I got it. Thanks very much Pete.

Anson