The simFlight Network Forums

FSLABS A320 & FSUIPC Problem

Dear Pete,

I've been experiencing a strange error with the FSLABS A320 (I have also posted this on their forum). I've had this A320 almost since the day it was released and never had any problems with it, even on my ancient PC (i5-2500K oc 4.3 GHz, Z68X-UD4-B3 INTEL, EVGA NVIDIA GTX 570 1.2 GB GDDR5 Win-7 64 - FSX Box SP2).

Long story short, I purchased another add-on (I believe it was GSX full version). Ever since when I load the A320, it renders my FSUIPC inaccessible, meaning I can see it listed in the drop down add-ons menu, but when I click on it nothing happens and the fsuipc interface never displays. I have all my study-sim aircraft, incl. FSlabs calibrated etc. via FSUIPC. I have uninstalled, reinstalled with the same results (both A320 and FSUIPC - currently v4.974). I'm using the most recent FSlabs installer with v.197 binaries and 196 resources (I always do those tasks as an admin and virus software disabled - my FSX drive is completely exempted from virus scanning).

I'm at a complete loss, I have tried rebuilding FSX.cfg, DLL.xml, exe.xml, and fsuipc.ini, but nothing seems to make it work again (again, this only happens with FSLABS). I do have a feeling that this might have something to do with FSDreamteam's GSX, but I'm not quite sure .I have had this issue once, years ago when you pointed out that wxstationlist could be corrupted, but I tried rebuilding it as well without success.

I'm attaching a few of the "usual files" for your review, but please let me know if there is any additional information I need to provide Pete.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Peter

dll.xml

EXE.xml

fsx.CFG

FSUIPC4.ini

I just realized, right after loading FSLABS A320, nothing in the add-on menu is accessible anymore - not FSUIPC, not GSX, or any other items listed under this particular menu. Upon exiting, the sim hangs and I have to end the FSX process via task manager. So weird that this only happens with this aircraft.

Cheers,

Pete

4 hours ago, PeterZ KCLE EDDN said:

Long story short, I purchased another add-on (I believe it was GSX full version). Ever since when I load the A320, it renders my FSUIPC inaccessible, meaning I can see it listed in the drop down add-ons menu, but when I click on it nothing happens and the fsuipc interface never displays.

You've attached a lot of files, all of them unfortuately not relevant. The main one needed in the FSUIPC4.LOG file.

4 hours ago, PeterZ KCLE EDDN said:

I do have a feeling that this might have something to do with FSDreamteam's GSX,

I'm using GSX with no problems, but then I am using P3D4 now. I see you are still on one of the original FSX versions.

3 hours ago, PeterZ KCLE EDDN said:

I just realized, right after loading FSLABS A320, nothing in the add-on menu is accessible anymore - not FSUIPC, not GSX, or any other items listed under this particular menu. Upon exiting, the sim hangs and I have to end the FSX process via task manager. So weird that this only happens with this aircraft

Hmm. Sorry. Definitely a matter for their support forum then!

Pete

Thank you Pete. Should I enable any special logging in the fsuipc.ini? I did learn something new yesterday. While going through the painful process of elimination of various add ons, I eventually generated a new fsuipc.ini, resulting in fsuipc not opening while even in default airplanes, so maybe something is astray with my fsuipc install, or maybe even simconnet.

i couldn’t open fsuipc window with any airplane after regenerating fsuipc.ini, and eventually copied my backed up ini back to the modules folder, and all airplanes but FSLABS worked fine again. Too strange.

Unfortunately my support ticket and forum entry with the developer have not yielded much ideas/support. I’ll likely update to Prepare3d in 3-4 months and will have an opportunity to start new, I was just hoping you had any ideas. 

All the best,

Pete

1 hour ago, PeterZ KCLE EDDN said:

Thank you Pete. Should I enable any special logging in the fsuipc.ini?

Not initially, as we don't know hat to look for. The default logging will show whether FSUIPC is running okay. Be sure to close the session, after observing your problems of course, before getting the log -- there's more useful information at the end.

While going through the painful process of elimination of various add ons, I eventually generated a new fsuipc.ini, resulting in fsuipc not opening while even in default airplanes, so maybe something is astray with my fsuipc install, or maybe even simconnet.

How do you "generate a new FSUIPC INI"? That file is created for you and maintained via the FSUIPC Settings. There's nothing that can be set in the INI which will stop FSUIPC settings opening. The FSUIPC install is correct if the FSUIPC entry appears in the menu. There's then nothing else to it except the DLL itself in the Modules folder.

i couldn’t open fsuipc window with any airplane after regenerating fsuipc.ini, and eventually copied my backed up ini back to the modules folder, and all airplanes but FSLABS worked fine again.

I've really no idea how you "regenerated" the INI file. You can edit it or delete it, but I don't understand what you are doing.

Pete

Hello Pete,

by regenerating a new INI, I meant deleting the fsuipc.ini file and letting FSX regenerate a new one upon restart. Apparently that caused more problems, so I copied my backup back in and all appeared fine.

Having said that, I just found out the I have another aircraft (Coolsky DC9) that, when loaded, will not open the FSUIPC options screen. I'm really at a loss and wonder if I'm missing some runtime libraries, or if something more serious is going on. Otherwise my sim runs very solid on an FSX only, albeit old and clean PC. I have attached the latest FSUIPC log for your reference.

Any pointers you might have would be welcomed.

Cheers,

Pete

FSUIPC4.log

2 hours ago, PeterZ KCLE EDDN said:

by regenerating a new INI, I meant deleting the fsuipc.ini file and letting FSX regenerate a new one upon restart. Apparently that caused more problems,

The FSUIPC INI file is generated by FSUIPC, and records all of your settings. if a default INI, with none of your settings at all, causes problems you certainly have something very strange going on -- because with no settings -- no assignments, no calibrations, no options selected -- FSUIPC is really only there as a service to other programs (as if unregistered), and plug-ins (if registered).

Having said that, I just found out the I have another aircraft (Coolsky DC9) that, when loaded, will not open the FSUIPC options screen.

There's really nothing that can "stop" FSUIPC's dialog opening if selected, so that is really strange. It sounds like a Simconnect problem, as the optios part is totally at Simconnect's mercy.

Have you thought of reinnstalling the Sim?

I have attached the latest FSUIPC log for your reference.

Your log file isn't closed. Do you wait till the sim is completely closed before grabbing it? The log is missing all of the useful information at the end. The Sim isn't fully closed immediately its window disappears.

Apart from that, the log shows no attempt to enter the options and shows all is well except for the missing stuff at the end.

Pete