The simFlight Network Forums

Fsuipc mouse macho glitching red and white

Hi, i have already posted this but i got redirected to support forum and I hope I’m in the right one. Now, my problem is this: when I create mouse macros it doesn’t work. The thing that happens is that when I just hover over the button the green bar on the top appears but the text is just flashing white and red for a long time(glitching), and if I then press the switch and try to write the name of the function, all that happens is that the letters I write pop up in 0,1 seconds but disappears right after. So basically, I can’t setup mouse macros. I really need help with this because I am planning on making a home cockpit and then i need to use fsuipc for assigning different switches to my overhead and to the fsxse switches on that overhead. Another question: I have just bought the saitek switch panel, but this is designed for cessnas and doesn’t work on the Pmdg 738ngx. Can I use fsuipc to assign these switches to something else than the standard functions? Thanks!

1 minute ago, Philipljung said:

i have already posted this but i got redirected to support forum and I hope I’m in the right one.

Yes. This IS the Forum. The other bits above are what are called "subforums" and contain either reference material, updates and details of them, and special interest areas. Where you are now is where all requests for advice or assistance should first be posted, UNLESS it is a clear matter for a special interest section -- the only one of which at present is for programmers using or interested in using Paul Henty's .NET interface.

4 minutes ago, Philipljung said:

Now, my problem is this: when I create mouse macros it doesn’t work.

Before P3D version 4, mouse macros only worked on gauges programmed using the original gauges SDK from Microsoft -- the one supplied with FS2002 or FS2004 (not sure which). Even then they didn't even work on many of microsoft's own default aircraft because they didn't follow their own rules1

Many, or even most, modern add-on aircraft these days use XML gauges. they tend to use Local Panel Variables (LVars) for control. Consequently, as things developed, special facilities were added to FSUIPC to allow these to be discovered, logged, read and written.

So, maybe the aircraft you are trying to use the Mouse Macro facility on simply cannot support them? I don't see any information (yet -- but see later! 😉 ) in your post about which simulator version you are using, nor what aircraft, nor indeed what version of FSUIPC. Such information is obviously essential to one trying to provide help.

10 minutes ago, Philipljung said:

The thing that happens is that when I just hover over the button the green bar on the top appears but the text is just flashing white and red, and if I then press the switch and try to write the name of the function, all that happens is that the letters I write pop up in 0,1 seconds but disappears right after.

The fact that the text is changing colour indicates two things:

1. You are not using P3D4, and
2. The gauge is somehow continuing to think it is being clicked.

Are you holding the mouse button down? Just click it once and move the mouse away.

Please check the FSUIPC4.LOG file, which you'll find in the simulator's Modules folder. You can post it here if you like. It probably contains information about what is happening. If not i can suggest ways of making it so.

13 minutes ago, Philipljung said:

I really need help with this because I am planning on making a home cockpit and then i need to use fsuipc for assigning different switches to the fsxse switches.

Ah! Now i see it: "fsxse"!  And then, later ...

14 minutes ago, Philipljung said:

I have just bought the saitek switch panel, but this is designed for cessnas and doesn’t work on the Pmdg 738ngx.

Is that the aircraft used in the case of the problem you mention?

You should know that, whilst many folks have successfully used Mouse Macros on PMDG aircraft, the Boeing range does have a full set of assignable "custom controls". These are listed in a file in the SDK folder of your PMDG aircraft, at the end of the one with filetype ".h" (sorry, I don't remember the name itself -- I don't use PMDG aircraft).

Take a look and see if you can find what you need. There may also be lots of help in the subforum called "User Contributions", as there are lots of PMDG users.

18 minutes ago, Philipljung said:

Can I use fsuipc to assign these switches to something else than the standard functions?

Yes. either to macros handling "LVars (not useful with PMDG aircraft though), or to macros created using the Mouse Macro facility -- which you'd tried already. Certainly don't let failure on one switch deter you from trying others, as I definitely know folks have used this method okay.

AND more reliably using the controls supplied by PMDG themselves, as just mentioned.

Note that to use their controls you need to compute a control number (just adding two values, in fact). Then you can assign in the FSUIPC drop-down assignments list to <custom control> and enter that number, and any parameter it may need.

Again, i think quite a few of these might be found within User Contributions. It's a matter of searching. Try "737NGX" or "PMDG", or even just "NGX".

Also, for Saitek controls there's a program called SPAD (or maybe SPAD.Next) which used to be freeware, but there may be a fee now. It was written specifically for Saitek Panels. worth checking out at least.

LINDA is another program, or rather suite of programs, designed to help too, but I'm not sure how applicable it is to Saitek and PMDG. Worth looking into, though.

Pete

Thank you Pete for answering that quick. But did I get this right? Pmdg and FSUIPC (version 4) cannot cooperate?  I am not holding my mouse button down and when I try to click and then move my mouse away from the switch on the overhead panel I CAN write down the name. But I don’t think that is helping because later on when I click on end mouse macro and go to the place where I can combine an overhead switch with a keyboard key for example q, and I set combine that with for example taxi light. When I then go into my cockpit and press q, nothing happens. I don’t know why, but have I installed fsuipc for p3d or something?

You see, I live in Norway and here the clock is 01.30, also, I’m 13 y/o so if my mom finds out that I am still awake I’m not going to be able to fly that much tomorrow😂😂. Anyways, I thank you for your help and an answer from you on the last question I asked within tomorrow(European time) would be great and very kind. I will check your tips tomorrow and if okay i will provide you with information on this chat tomorrow unless it works for me after testing out your tips👌. If this works i must say thank you! 

10 hours ago, Philipljung said:

But did I get this right? Pmdg and FSUIPC (version 4) cannot cooperate?

That's not right. There are many PMDG 737NGX users also using FSUIPC. But PMDG use of lot of non-standard "tricks", including all of their own systems which don't respond to the normal Sim controls. That's why they provide a large set of "custom controls" which CAN be assigned in FSUIPC oce you've derived the control number.

The axes on your joystick and throttle can also be programmed and calibrated in FSUIPC, but probably not the throttles, because for those PMDG read them differently, not through the Sim's set values. If using FSUIPC for joystick axes it is best to assign throttles to the "Axis throttle ..." controls and NOT calibrating, as this ensures that the NGX receives the values as it would from assignment in the Sim.

But I don’t think that is helping because later on when I click on end mouse macro and go ...

You should press the "Tab" key before bothering to enter a name to see if the mouse macro will work. If it doesn't then there's no point in continuing for that switch.

... to the place where I can combine an overhead switch with a keyboard key for example q, and I set combine that with for example taxi light. When I then go into my cockpit and press q

Please clarify this. What do you mean by "combine"? Are you using a hardware overhead switch? Or do you mean assigning the key "Q" to a mouse macro you've called .... what, "737:taxi".  Tell me what you are actually doing please.

I don’t know why, but have I installed fsuipc for p3d or something?

FSUIPC4 is the same for FSX, FSX-SE and the 32-bit versions of P3D (up to 3). Only FSUIPC5 is different. That's 64-bit and is for P3D4 only. They won't install into the wrong sim.

No: either the macro doesn't work for whatever switch you've tried, or you are making a mistake assigning. i can't tell unless you describe what you actually did.

I really would recommend using the PMDG contorls rather than mouse Macros, as they are much more reliable and easier to program once you work out how to get the numbers. I can help with that.

BTW I am in England (Stoke-on-Trent in fact, as it says on the left under my picture). and at 75 I am a little oder than you and definitely have to be in bed long before 01:30! 😉

Pete

Hello again! What I mean with combine is assigning the switch to the key press q so every time I click q the switch switches on. Also, it has nothing to do with the switch unfortunately because I have tried literally EVERY switch in the cockpit. But some help with the numbers you were talking about would be nice. But I still need fsuipc working if I am going to make Linda work so I can make the saitek switch panel working:) You see, on Linda it says that I need fsuipc connected or something to fsx even though it is connected. I’m always so unlucky when it comes to these kind of things, I am always the one that nothing works with. When I get fsuipc working properly, I will start my construction on my home cockpit. So unfortunately, I need the mouse macro function to work😭. Thanks