The simFlight Network Forums

Games voice stops working

Donnti

Hello, I am using Windows 7. I have a problem that Someone might be able to help me out here. The voice works pretty well, but when I connect to a voice channel in Discord the games voice stops working. I have run the game and Discord in admin mode, but that doesn't help. It doesn't matter if I am playing a game where the voice is working when I connect (then quits working) or if I start a game after I have connected to discord, the voice won't work from the start. I am planning on upgrading to Windows 10 when I can afford it, but for now, I am not sure what to do. It sure would be nice to be able to play an MP game with the voice commands.

2 hours ago, Ripskin said:

I have not run into that issue, I use discord and play the game without issue.

What type of headset are you using and drivers?  Is it USB or analog? Is Discord running in its legacy setting? (Settings > Audio Subsystem)

I use the Steelseries Arctis 7 wireless headset which is USB. The mic I use is the Audio Technica ATR2100-USB. I looked at discord and it is running in the Standard setting.

Edit I just tried it with Discord in legacy mode and then started up a game. I was able to get 3 pushbacks in before the voice didn't work anymore.

Edited by Donnti

I know windows voice and such work best with analogue microphones but it should work with USB.  My headset is still analogue and when I am recording I'll do it externally then bring the sound in for editing so I have not really messed with USB microphones or headsets. 

It sounds as though discord is taking over the mic and not allowing anything else to use it.  I'm curious if windows sound recorder can still capture it while discord is running.  The mic should be able to handle multiple outputs since it hits windows and is then distributed unless an app is locking down the interface.