The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC with Mindstar G1000

Hello,

I started using FSUIPC 4.974 (Feb.2018) with Mindstar G1000 on FSX-SE and noticed that the assignments of buttons and switches on the yoke, which worked well with the default Microsoft G1000, do not work anymore. For instance, I had two switches assigned with "Heading Bug Inc" and "Heading Bug Dec" from the FSUIPC menu for rotating the heading bug, or another button for starting and stopping the timer by assigning "G1000 Pfd Enter Button". They don't work with the Mindstar product. A couple of lua scripts which use offsets stopped working too. I wonder if there is a solution?

Any advice will be much appreciated!

Val

1 hour ago, vmilner said:

I started using FSUIPC 4.974 (Feb.2018) with Mindstar G1000 on FSX-SE and noticed that the assignments of buttons and switches on the yoke, which worked well with the default Microsoft G1000, do not work anymore.

Third party add=ons do not always use the built-in controls and options. They are mostly diferent.

1 hour ago, vmilner said:

I wonder if there is a solution?

Does the Mindstar add-on have contorls or keyboard short-cuts for those functions which you can use?

Sorry, but FSUIPC supports all of the in-built sim facilities, but there's no way it can have built in facilities for all add-ons. Please refer to the Mindstar documentation, see if there's somehing you can use. If it is only controllable by Mouse, see if it will work with mouse macros. More likely you have to work with L:Vars.(local panel variables).

Pete

Thank you, Pete!

You are right, Mindstar has a good guide explaining how to use FSUIPC to trigger G1000 events (http://www.mindstaraviation.com/g1000_ini.html  - I pasted the important part below).

Here is what they say:

Picture2.thumb.PNG.f20939adbbf7b6242e95c841c0c19462.PNG

So I decided to try moving the Head Bug with one of my yoke switches, by assigning to that switch a simple Lua code:

x=ipc.readSW(0x07CC)
ipc.writeSW(0x07CC,x+1)

I chose offset 07CC because I knew from your documentation that it is indeed responsible for the heading bug:

Picture1.thumb.png.3745d05858c148d97f95f68e4c2db2f1.png

Then, I assigned this offset to the Mindstar's trigger HDG_INCR in their G1000.ini as  "HDG_INCR=FSUIPC:0x07CC"

Picture3.thumb.png.cb88c82e9e76aae83576e7d5c549435f.png

The good news is that the switch has indeed started triggering the motion of the heading bug. However, that motion is rather erratic. I think I understand why: I change the FSUIPC offset 07CC, which tells Mindstar to move the bug, but then FSUIPC recalculates that value, which triggers further motion of the bug.

So basically, my question is: What offsets can I use to program these Mindstar triggers? All I need is to increase their value by 1 for triggering, but I don't want FSUIPC to react to this change in the background. Are there auxiliary offsets that I can use for this?

I hope my understanding is in the right direction here, and I am close to making it work.

Thanks for your help!

Val