The simFlight Network Forums

Creating app having Connection faults

Hello

I am a newbie to the world of FSUIPC and to this forum so I apologise in advance for all the mistakes I will do in the use of this web space.

I have been playing with Flight Simulator since I was a boy and I recently decided to start building some tools on my own. After some research, I finally encountered the FSUIPC_SDK  packages and I was impressed by the potential of such a powerful tool 

So I came out with the idea of writing my first app, which is supposed to be just a replica of the "UIPCHello"  example but I crashed against two issues.

1st
I start FSX, I run UIPCHello.exe and everything is going well although the display message reports "Unkown FS version". Then I compile my project and the app does not connect to FSX at all as the "FSUIPC_Open" function returns false.

2nd
Hence, I  decided to try the 64bit version of the SDK and the "UIPChello64.exe" returns the message " IPC request contains bad data"

So, I can't understand what I am doing wrong and I ended up here asking for some help.

Thanks very much in advance 
Daniele

3 hours ago, Daniele84 said:

So I came out with the idea of writing my first app, which is supposed to be just a replica of the "UIPCHello"  example but I crashed against two issues.

1st
I start FSX, I run UIPCHello.exe and everything is going well although the display message reports "Unkown FS version". Then I compile my project and the app does not connect to FSX at all as the "FSUIPC_Open" function returns false.

2nd
Hence, I  decided to try the 64bit version of the SDK and the "UIPChello64.exe" returns the message " IPC request contains bad data"

So, I can't understand what I am doing wrong and I ended up here asking for some help.

Very sorry, but the examples in the SDK are very dated, and depend on very old versions of the C/C++ Microsoft tools.

It's never been updated because there is a much better solution -- Paul Henty's .Net Client DLL. Almost all current developers interfacing to FSUIPC use that. it is a much tidier, slicker systen and works with all versions and all (or at least most) .Net visual Studio languages.

There's a Sub-forum of this forum above dedicated to this and worth perusing, but check http://fsuipc.paulhenty.com/#home

Pete

I had not clue about what to do, and I couldn't get were I went wrong , to be totally honest 😊

Thank you very much Mr. Dowson for such a quick reply. Please let me say that I really appreciate all your work and I would like to thank you for all you have done for the flight-simmers community !

I wish you a nice Sunday evening

Best Regards
Daniele