The simFlight Network Forums

Slope Curve box Blank

RMM

Hello..

My initial experience with registered FSUIPC did not go well.   My device is a Yoko yoke.   After setting the axis assignments, I went to the calibration screen.   I was following a tutorial video for a joystick.   The middle SET figure became the same at the left and right settings.   Also the Slope Curve was not visible.   

I tried reinstalling, but same effect.  I disabled FSUIPC and went over to P3D v4.3 calibration.   Did not take screen shots.  Sorry.

Any initial thoughts?

RMM - Guam

Edited by RMM

6 hours ago, RMM said:

After setting the axis assignments, I went to the calibration screen.   I was following a tutorial video for a joystick.   The middle SET figure became the same at the left and right settings.   Also the Slope Curve was not visible.   

Seems your tutorial was very poor. Just follow the easy numbered steps in the User Guide calibration chapter. Always calibrate left to right. The buttons set the values according to the axis position. They increase left to right. The left hand value must be the lowest. It won't accept values out of order. 

Followv the instructions.

Pete

14 minutes ago, RMM said:

Will do as you suggest.   But...Leaves this question unaddressed....  Why was the Slope Curve box blank? 

I don't know. I'd need a lot more information for that, like version numbers 9flight sim and FSUIPC) to start with, and also the actual control being calibrated and how assigned (i.e. what to and where).

Pete

Thanks Pete... My first post referenced the Yoko yoke and P3d v 4.3 .   That means I use FSUIPC5.   The assignments are only Ailerons X axis and Elevator Y axis.   No key assignments for the Yoke were input.  All assignments in P3D were deleted.     I was quite surprised to find the Slope Curve was  not showing.   Odd.

BUT for now, please don't take up your valuable time.   Let me try again.   The yoke is working properly under P3D calibration now.   But I do believe that I can get a bit better handling via FSUIPC5.   I will come back if the problem recurs.  

thanks much!

RMM

Edited by RMM

3 minutes ago, RMM said:

That means I use FSUIPC5.

The current version, 5.14? Or the latest interim update 5.141e?

4 minutes ago, RMM said:

The assignments are only Ailerons X axis and Elevator Y axis.

Assignments in P3D? Or in FSUIPC?

If in FSUIPC, via "Send direct to FSUIPC ..." or "Send to FS as normal axis"? And if the latter, to which controls? The "Axis elevator set" and "Axis aileron set" controls, or the "Elevator set" and "Aileron set" controls?

And are you looking at page 1 of 11 in the calibration tab?

I need these details to see if I can reproduce problem.

Also, it would help if you could go through each "page" 1 to 11) of the Calibration tab display, just using the Set button on each to see which ones, if any display the Slope button. some shouldn't anyway (like flaps and reversers). Just press the SET button on the top left one on each page, note whether there's a "slope", then press "Reset" to return it to uncalibrated. no need to touch any other buttons.

Thanks,
Pete

• 1 year later...

Hi Pete 

After reading this post I am still not able have the answer to the main question.

Why the slope curve curve blank ?

FSUIPC 5.155 

Send direct to FSUIPC calibration and axis elevator and ailerons set

P3D v4 

56 minutes ago, Adsm88 said:

After reading this post I am still not able have the answer to the main question.

Have you posted a "main question" recently? The last post before yours in this thread was in September 2018!!! You say "still not able" -- have you been trying something since 2018?

Without more information we cannot really help. Can you go through what you do, step (key press/mouse-click) bt step? And please show us your settings (the FSUIPC5.INI file from the Modules folder).

Is the slope graphic not being shown for any axis in the calibration section?  Here they show even if the calibration hasn't been set or even has an assignment). 

The only previous time it was reported (by RMM above in 2018) we couldn't resolve it at all -- I don't know if he did. It isn't complex code and uses standard Windows facilities, so possibly it is some sort of incompatibity with some Windows or video driver version. With that in mind perhaps we also need to know the full details of your system installation, in case we can spot anything.

To supply this, run DXDiag and, when it has collected all the information, select the "Save all information" button to save it as a text file, ZIP it up and attach it here.

I can't guarantee any result from this but we can have a look.

Pete