The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC THROTTLE - FSX

Hello Mr Dowson

I know, this topic has been covered in the forum(s) many times before - and I apologize for the repetition here - but I'm just stuck.  I recently acquired the Gladiator Mk2 joystick, having had the Logitech one with zero issues for more than five years.  When I connected the joystick I immediately ran into issues with it.  (Mind you, in XP11, is works 100%).  That's when I decided to give FSUIPC a go.  I am able to set up everything beautifully, but of course, not the throttle.  I watched Froogle's video and some other YT user's one, but I still cannot get the throttles to work.  I think I've tried everything, I think, but I must be missing something.  Any chance I can request for help in the area? I am willing to share my screen for remote access if that will work.  

Thank you, 

4 hours ago, bondiblu said:

I watched Froogle's video and some other YT user's one, but I still cannot get the throttles to work.

By "not work" what exactly do you mean? Can you ASSIGN throttles? In FSX for instance? Doesn't that see them? If it doesn't, it is unlikely FSUIPC will. Both use Windows directinput.

I don't know the videos you refer to. Have you tried using the FSUIPC User Guide? I know it isn't a video, but it does have some pictures.

Pete

Hello Pete

Thank you for responding.  Yes, it appears that I can assign throttles.  With the Logitech joystick, the throttles were assigned as 'slider' but in the Gladiator, it's assigned as 'Z Axes' and won't even move forward until I check-mark the 'reverse' box, either.  Now, with all my fidgeting the aircraft won't move at all.  

Regards, 

5 hours ago, bondiblu said:

With the Logitech joystick, the throttles were assigned as 'slider' but in the Gladiator, it's assigned as 'Z Axes'

That's more normal. X=Aileron, Y=elevator, R=rudder, Z=Throttle.

Are you assigning it is FSX or FSUIPC? Either way, unless movement in the values it is sending is detected, neither would see it. they both take note of changes, not simply the presence, of an axis!

So, it must be working, it is just that the movement is not enough. Have you gone to Windows Game controllers and calibrated there? That's the first step.

Then you can calibrate in FSUIPC. But if you assigned in FSX make sure the null zone slider is set to minimum, and the sensitivity to maximum.

5 hours ago, bondiblu said:

and won't even move forward until I check-mark the 'reverse' box, either.

So, it IS working! It just needs proper calibration. Follow the numbered steps in the Calibration chapter of the FSUIPC User Guide. (Note that it is normal for some axes to need reversing, don't worry about that).

Pete