The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 5.14

HELLO,

I need help calibrating my GF-TQ6 throttle to show true idle power setting when I'm flying PMDG B747-4/-8, I tried multiple times to set each engine throttle 1 - 4 (MIN, IDEL, MAX) and when I return to the simulator the MIN/idle power goes to 32% instead of somewhere around 24%, it keep advancing throttle above idle. Let me know please what I'm doing wrong and how to correct and show actual calibrating (idle) setup.

Regards,

Sam  

1 hour ago, samer747 said:

need help calibrating my GF-TQ6 throttle to show true idle power setting when I'm flying PMDG B747-4/-8, I tried multiple times to set each engine throttle 1 - 4 (MIN, IDEL, MAX) and when I return to the simulator the MIN/idle power goes to 32% instead of somewhere around 24%, it keep advancing throttle above idle. Let me know please what I'm doing wrong and how to correct and show actual calibrating (idle) setup.

This is the same problem as folks using the Aerosoft airbus Pro have. Please see my answer to a query about that, as the answer will be pretty much the same: see this thread not far below yours:

Airbus Pro Throttles

Pete

Thanks Pete for the reply, however I have been trying to setup configuration and calibration for some time by now, I did what you suggested in your reply however it was not successful for my sim. What is happening right now when I’m flying PMDG747-400 and when I move the  throttle controls to Min/idle the aircraft throttles show detent at 2 instead of 0 but engines are acting as 0 detent with N1 showing around 25%, however on the PMDG 747-8 I got the exact scenario except for the actual engines showing 33%, I really don’t know what else I can do to correct this issue and have the aircraft respond to the exact inputs from the theottle control. 

I have not tried the theottle controls on any other aircrafts yet such PMDG 777 and fslabs A320 yet. 

Thanks again for you support, let me know please if can think of anything else I can do to fix this issue. 

Regards

19 minutes ago, samer747 said:

What is happening right now when I’m flying PMDG747-400 and when I move the  throttle controls to Min/idle the aircraft throttles show detent at 2 instead of 0 but engines are acting as 0 detent with N1 showing around 25%, however on the PMDG 747-8 I got the exact scenario except for the actual engines showing 33%

Seems like a question for the PMDG support forum, then, as there are obviously some odd things about those aircraft.

PMDG will tell you not to use FSUIPC for their throttles. I say you can but it is best just to assign to the standard Axis throttle controls and NOT calibrate. Their code reads the throttle axis inputs at a higher priority level than fSUIPC feeds them back after calibration.

Pete