The simFlight Network Forums

Elevation data by fsuipcclient ?

buick552

Sir, is it possible to get elevation data of any point on FS by providing the coordinates? My application has all the coordinates for all airports, I'd like to detect the elevation of the airport which the pilot wants to fly to. Because, my application checks if the pilot has turned ON the LDG LIGHTS during approach when descending below 10.000 ft. But there are some airports whose elevations are already 8.000 to 10.000 ft (especially on South American continent)

If possible, I'd like to detect the landing airport's elevation during the flight preparations.

Sir, is it possible to get elevation data of any point on FS by providing the coordinates?

No, this is not possible with FSUIPC or my DLL.

My application has all the coordinates for all airports, I'd like to detect the elevation of the airport which the pilot wants to fly to.

The easiest solution would be to add the airport elevations to your database.

Pete makes a program called MakeRunways. Available in this thread in the downloads sub-forum:

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

This extracts airport and runway information from the users' BGL files. This includes airport elevations.

My DLL (version 3) has an airports database which reads the output files from MakeRunways and gives you easy access to airport and runway data from .NET.

See the section called "Airports Database" in the example code application.

it will also help to identify TA-TL altitudes.

This doesn't seem to be available in MakeRunways, so it's not in the DLL's Airports Database.

You'll have to source those yourself.

Paul

• 1 year later...