The simFlight Network Forums

What ways are available to control PMDG ?

Hi !

Currently I use unregistered FCUIPC 5. P3D v4. PMDG 737NGX.

Refer FCUIPC "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX:
All offsets are READ ONLY. To change values please use the Events (known as "controls" in FSUIPC)
as listed in the "PMDG_NGX_SDK.h" file which you can find in the PMDG 737NGX SDK. The
numerical values of those controls can be used directly in button and key assignments in the
FSUIPC4.INI file, or from Lua plug-ins using the ipc.control function. "

Primary I want to know if any alternative is possible so I not try things that cannot be done, and what SDK document to refer. 
I want to send e.g. the PMDG gear-lever command, i.e. Control of "6576 1 BYTE MAIN_GearLever 0: UP 1: OFF 2: DOWN".

1. Alternative via Borland C++ 5.0. I do currently use FSUIPC_Read() and FSUIPC_Write(), but I do not understand if I here can apply "use the Events (known as "controls" in FSUIPC)" ? 

2. Alternative assign keys for EVT_GEAR_LEVER 0: UP 1: OFF 2: DOWN. This would works almost as fine since I can send key-strokes from Borland C++. Is this possible in the unregistered FSUIPC5.INI ?

I have read about Lua and tried SimConnect C++, but I take those as the last easy options.

Best regards and thank's  / Lennart Vedin.

Hi Lennart ,

I want to send e.g. the PMDG gear-lever command, i.e. Control of "6576 1 BYTE MAIN_GearLever 0: UP 1: OFF 2: DOWN"

6576 is an offset, not a control. The PMDG offsets are read-only.

The controls are listed in the PMDG SDK. My post below explains how to use the SDK to set up buttons and key presses in FSUIPC. It will give you some background about the SDK,  show you where to find the it, and explains how to work out the control numbers and parameter values.

The key/joystick button binding requires a registered FSUIPC. However, if you want to use these controls from C++ you have 2 choices:

1. Use FSUIPC offset 0x3110 to send the control (with the parameter) to the sim. See the Offsets Status PDF for details on how to use this offset.

2. Use the PMDG SDK directly to communicate with the aircraft. It's written for C++. I'm not a C programmer so I've no idea how, but presumably it will either be obvious to you as a C++ coder, or PMDG will have some documentation/tutorials.

Paul

22 hours ago, Paul Henty said:

se FSUIPC offset 0x3110 to send the control (with the parameter) to the sim. See the Offsets Status PDF for details on how to use this offset.

Paul

For me, this is absolute the best tip this year 🙂. There are 1000's of methods and offsets, but only 0x3110 did it, I should not have found in all doc's without pointing it out. Parking brake works and assumed all other as well.

Thank's a lot Paul