The simFlight Network Forums

ini files

Sorry to be a PITA Pete but I have searched the manual and cannot find the answer.

I have recently reinstalled FSX and am now busy installing all my addons including FSUIPC.

In order to save me time with all the FSUIPC axis etc settings I saved a copy of my old FSX and I assumed I could just copy over the ini file from the old modules folder and all would be good.

This does not seem to work.

Can you tell me if it should work and if so where can I find the info to allow me to do it.

Many Thanks

Mike

Spain   

48 minutes ago, outoppie said:

In order to save me time with all the FSUIPC axis etc settings I saved a copy of my old FSX and I assumed I could just copy over the ini file from the old modules folder and all would be good.

This does not seem to work.

Are you going from FSX to P3D4, and so from FSUIPC4 to FSUIPC5? If so you just need to rename your INI file from FSUIPC4.INI to FSUIPC5.INI.

If you are still using FSUIPC4 then the INI file will be fine.  What is wrong?

Pete

Thanks for the reply.

I am still using FSUIPC4. I have deleted the ini file which was created when I reinstalled FSUIPC and copied and pasted the ini file from my old installation and find that the axis controls are all haphazard and the buttons/switches are not actively doing anything.

I have disabled the controllers and deleted all assignments for axis and buttons/keys under the joystick assignment heading in FSX settings.

I hope I have done the correct thing by sending the ini file and the install log.

Thank you

Mike

FSUIPC4.ini

FSUIPC4 Install.log

22 minutes ago, outoppie said:

I am still using FSUIPC4. I have deleted the ini file which was created when I reinstalled FSUIPC and copied and pasted the ini file from my old installation and find that the axis controls are all haphazard and the buttons/switches are not actively doing anything.

Is this on a new PC? Or have you installed a new version of Windows?  Or have you unplugged your controllers and plugged them into different USB sockets?

Your joystick IDs will change with any of those things.

Oh, and you will need to update to the currently supported version of FSUIPC4. you are using 4.96 which is woefully out of date, unsupported, and which will not help sort your mess out.

Is the INI file you posted the original or the current one?  If it is the current one, after running the then these are the three devices recognised:with their current IDs.

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=CH PRO PEDALS USB
0.GUID={83F3A8D0-D38E-11E7-8007-444553540000}
1=CH THROTTLE QUADRANT
1.GUID={83F3A8D0-D38E-11E7-8008-444553540000}
2=CH FLIGHT SIM YOKE USB
2.GUID={83F52F70-D38E-11E7-8009-444553540000}

What are they now? What Joystick number is shown in the Axis Assignments or Buttons & Switches tabs when you operate any of those?

With the recent versions of FSUIPC4 (4.974 should be used), all you MAY need to do is change the entries above to match.  The Joystick numbers are the 0, 1, and 2, as shown before the =.  However, looking at the assignments to axes for the profile called "c172":

[Axes.c172]
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=0X,256,D,7,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: LeftBrake }-
1=0Y,256,D,8,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: RightBrake }-
2=0Z,256,D,3,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Rudder }-
3=0R,256,D,5,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: PropPitch }-
4=0V,256,D,6,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Mixture }-
5=0P,0,F,66416,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: PAN_VIEW }-
6=1X,256,D,7,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: LeftBrake }-
7=1Y,256,D,8,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: RightBrake }-
8=1Z,256,D,3,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Rudder }-
9=2X,256,D,1,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Aileron }-
10=2Y,256,D,2,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Elevator }-
11=2Z,256,D,4,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle }-
12=2U,256,D,6,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Mixture }-
13=2V,256,D,5,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: PropPitch }-

you have rudder and toe brakes on device 0, which is the Pedals, okay, but also PropPitch and mixture. You also have rudder and toe brakes assigned to device 1, which is a throttle quadrant, whereas I'd guess that device 2 should be the throttle quadrant.

Have you messed around assigning things AFTER getting the mess? It looks like it.

I would deduce from the above that the pedals are Id 1, but the other two are currently mixed up completely.

So, i'm guessing that this INI is after you've messed about before sorting it out. If so, go back to the original backup, copy it in THEN determine which ID is which, then CLOSE the Sim and edit those entries.

Also, use Joy Letters so that FSUIPC can keep track of things for you -- not foolprrofly, but much better. There's a chapter in the User Guide about this.

Oh, one last thing. The "lear 35" profile doesn't appear to be messed up yet. From these assignments:

[Axes.lear 35]
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=0X,256,D,1,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Aileron }-
1=0Y,256,D,2,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Elevator }-
2=0P,0,F,66416,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: PAN_VIEW }-
3=1X,256,D,7,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: LeftBrake }-
4=1Y,256,D,8,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: RightBrake }-
5=1Z,256,D,3,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Rudder }-
6=2X,256,D,22,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Spoilers }-
7=2Z,256,D,9,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle1 }-
8=2R,256,D,10,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2 }-
9=2U,256,D,23,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Flaps }-

I can see that ID 0 should be theYoke, 1 the Pedals and 2 the Throttle Quadrant.

If editing the INI file to do this doesn't fix the IDs (and it isn't guaranteed, as it's a Registry editing action), you can certainly do it using a utility called "JoyIDs". Download JoyIDs here http://airgroup51.ne...hp?topic=2435.0

Pete