The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 Version 4.957b Not Visible in FSX Addons

Sorry if there is a simple solution to this problem, but I recently installed FSUIPC4, Version 4.957b for FSX on to my computer and it is not showing up in the FSX Add-on Modules when the simulator is running. I am a paid for registered user of FSUIPC4.

I am using FSX Accelerator running on a Windows 7 Home Premium Operating System. 

If it helps to diagnose why this problem might be present I have attached my FSUIPC4.log and FSUIPC4 Install.log from my FSX/Modules folder.

Thank you for your help with this matter.

Kind Regards

FSUIPC4 Install.log

FSUIPC4.log

2 hours ago, charliebravo said:

but I recently installed FSUIPC4, Version 4.957b for FSX on to my computer and it is not showing up in the FSX Add-on Modules when the simulator is running.

Well, the Log file you attached certainly shows it to be there -- or at least requested from SimConnect. That's what this line means:

1872 FSUIPC Menu entry added

FSUIPC can do no more than ask for it to be added.

But you seem to have some much more serious problem. Look:

591556 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 141 secs = 8.7 fps
   591556              Max AI traffic was 0 aircraft
   679665 Starting everything now ...
   681069 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
  1024646 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 161 secs = 9.1 fps
  1024646              Max AI traffic was 190 aircraft
  1179399 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\jf_TristarAdv_FMC\JF_1011.AIR
  1183673 Aircraft="JF TriStar Pro 500 Delta FMC"
  2118478 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 814 secs = 5.7 fps
  2118478              Max AI traffic was 214 aircraft

Average frame rates in the single digits!? Event less than 6 fps? How can you use such a sim installation?

You ran FSUIPC for 2118 seconds (over 35 minutes) with this really poor performance!?.

Please always provide a complete log -- i.e. after FS is closed. There's a lot of important information logged on termination too.

Anyway, there's nothing showing up as wrong with the FSUIPC installation.  And whilst I think you first need to work out what is so wrong with the installation to make the performance so bad, can you tell me what you do see listed in the AddOns menu, please? Maybe a process of elimination is needed amonsgst the add-ons. A worthwhile job in any case to sort the performance out.

Pete

Thank you for your quick response.

I will provide you with the list of add-ons that I see within the drop down menu when I next get the chance to start up the computer.

These very poor frame rates sadly mean that I rarely use the sim these days. If I could get the frame rate back up to a reasonable level I would be more inclined to use the sim. My computer has an i7 processor and I have 10 GB of Ram.

I hope things can be improved and fsuipc4 can be made visible as intended.

kind regards for now, and I will get back to you with a screenshot of my add-on items.

Hello again, I managed to get a chance to take another look at FSX to provide you with a screen shot of my add-ons menu as you requested.

The good news is that since my last post,  I realised that I had not removed a previous version of FSUIPC installed within my modules folder, so after removing this older version I was able to re-install the latest version and now it is recognised within FSX and visible in the Add-on drop down menu.

The screen shots attached shows a reasonable frame rate, this is possibly because this time I started FSX at a less detailed airport with a less complicated aircraft.

Maybe all is well?

Please see a new set of log files attached as well as the screenshot in .jpg format.

Kind regards

FSUIPC4 Install.log

FSUIPC4.log

FSX Add-ons Screenshot.jpg