The simFlight Network Forums

Captain Sim 757 iii and FSUIPC

Good afternoon. I’m trying to do some problem solving. I set up Captain Sim’s new 757 this morning with my yoke and trottle quad using FSUIPC. I noticed that the left engine would jump up on its own to about 70% power. I could use My throttle lever to bring it back to idle, but it would eventually jump back up again right throttle worked as it should. 

I went into FSUIPC and checked under the calibrate joystick tab. Under throttle, I noticed the values for the left throttle would fluctuate and the settle down to a value of between 400 and 800 for both max and min. 

I tried with a joystick instead of the throttle quad and got the same result. The only time I didn’t notice it was before I configured FSUIPC. 

Do you know what could cause this? I am going to delete the 757 profile from the ini file and start over to see if that works. 

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Cheers,

colin

8 hours ago, rowcoach said:

I went into FSUIPC and checked under the calibrate joystick tab. Under throttle, I noticed the values for the left throttle would fluctuate and the settle down to a value of between 400 and 800 for both max and min. 

I tried with a joystick instead of the throttle quad and got the same result. The only time I didn’t notice it was before I configured FSUIPC. 

Please test with a different aircraft, preferably a default one, and see what you get. Also, of course, check that you don't have any other assignment to the same throttle axis, whether in FSUIPC or the Sim.

The different between an axis reading of 400 and one of 800 is within normal variation without moving the lever for some joysticks  Differences of 256 and 512 are often just a tiny way apart and within resistance measurement variation for poentiometers when the total scale is -16384 to +16383. This is why your odd reading suggests another input with a slight jitter. FSUIPC only reacts to changes in the input, so if there were no jitter it would change your 0.

Pete