The simFlight Network Forums

IMPORTANT: MakeRunways and new Add-Ons structure

Hi Pete

I have just upgraded to Prepar 3D V4.4 and am also using Lorbi latest version of Addonorganize.  MakeRwys (latest version) is in my main Prepar 3D folder. However when I activate MakeRwys whilst it runs and outputs the text and csv files no makescenery.cfg is produced. Is this just because I'm using the latest version of the sim or could it be something else.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave Butler 

14 hours ago, Dbutler1942 said:

I have just upgraded to Prepar 3D V4.4 and am also using Lorbi latest version of Addonorganize.  MakeRwys (latest version) is in my main Prepar 3D folder. However when I activate MakeRwys whilst it runs and outputs the text and csv files no makescenery.cfg is produced. Is this just because I'm using the latest version of the sim or could it be something else.

The current version of MakeRunways does NOT use the Lorby AddonOrganiser, but a special program provided by Lorby which is in the ZIP and must be installed alongside MakeRwys. As stated in the MakeRwys README document also supplied in the ZIP:

NOTE for Prepar3D versions 3 and 4
Those Prepar3D version 3 and 4 scenery installs abiding by the new L-M system for add-ons
will NOT be seen by MakeRunways unless you copy the LorbySceneryExport program from
the ZIP into the Prepar3D folder, to sit beside MakeRwys.exe.

I'm demoting this thread from being pinned and removing the earlier entries because the instructions in the package are those which need to be followed (as is the case with most packages).

Pete