The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG some buttons assign not working

Hello, im a new user of FSUIPC. I have a Thrustmaster 160000t, and i fly on a PMDG 737.

I have a problem, when i assign a button for "light on" i doesnt work, but when i do it fo flaps down (for example) it Works.

what am i doing wrong? i first press the button i wish. its recognized, after, i click on : "Select fo FS control". after i choose "light on" (for example) and after: accept, but i cannot see any change. 

could you help me? thank you!

7 hours ago, abranpuko said:

Hello, im a new user of FSUIPC. I have a Thrustmaster 160000t, and i fly on a PMDG 737.

I have a problem, when i assign a button for "light on" i doesnt work, but when i do it fo flaps down (for example) it Works.

what am i doing wrong? i first press the button i wish. its recognized, after, i click on : "Select fo FS control". after i choose "light on" (for example) and after: accept, but i cannot see any change. 

The FS controls, and FSUIPC ones too, are almost all only applicable to default aircraft and those which abide by the andard system. PMDG and some other addon aircraft makers implement their own aircraft subsystems which are completely separate from those inbuilt to the simulator itself.

To operate those with button or keypress you have to find the right control number then assign it via ,custom Control> in FSUIPC.

The PMDG 737NGX controls are all listed in the text file of type .h available in the SDK subfolder of your PMDG installation.  The list is near the end. You have to work out the control nmber by adding two numbers together.

Pete

P.S. Please see the thread in the FAQ subforum (which you should have looked through first). It's the one entitled 

How to program joystick buttons and keys to control PMDG aircraft