The simFlight Network Forums

Not able to program generic usb joystick number 2 buttons

den4

I have been using a generic usb joystiuck for some time.  It supplies me with a dozen switch connections that I can use.

Recently I've added a scond one to my simpit, but FSUIPC does not see it when i try to allocate controls to it.  They are both seen by fsuipc as shown by the entries in the log file, both have different GUIDs, but the second one will not show up in the Buttons page when I try to use it. Pressing any button on it with the button page open results in the page remaining blank in the buttom reference window.

It is visible in the Windows game controller app and the red lights light up whin I operate the switches.  I can program them in X-Plane 1 with no problem.

However I cannot allocate them in FSUIPC.

Using P3D v4.3 and FSUIPC 5.15.

Any suggestions?

FSUIPC5.log

10 minutes ago, den4 said:

It is visible in the Windows game controller app and the red lights light up whin I operate the switches.  I can program them in X-Plane 1 with no problem.

From the Log I see that there are two devices in the Registry with the same ID:

218 Device acquired for use:
      218    Joystick ID = 6 (Registry okay)
      218    6=Generic   USB  Joystick
      218    6.GUID={F8E14780-0113-11E8-8001-444553540000}
      218 Device acquired for use:
      218    Joystick ID = 6 (Registry fixed)
      218    6=Logitech Extreme 3D
      218    6.GUID={212E2D20-8E24-11E6-8001-444553540000}

Note that in the second one there's a note "Registry Fixed". This wil be because your FSUIPC5.INI imposes that ID nnumber (presumably for a joystick you already had, and with assignments too.

You can change the ID for the first Device 6 in one of two ways:
1) Edit the INI file and give it an unused number there (8 seems to be the first such).  This generally succeeds (it has to correct the Registry, and will result in "Registry fixed" for the item changed). OR
2) Use the JoyIDs program to change it.  See the FAQ subforum thread entitled

I can't tell from the Log (only the INBI), but I do hope you are using Joy Letters, because withe 8 different devices almost any change can mess up you assignments -- more noticeably Windows updates or new device additions. Once you have them all safely assigned letters, when you add or remove a device, just delete all of the Numeric entries in the [JotNames] section of the INI, leaving only the letter ones, so that the scanned IDs can take precedence over any old ones you have.

Fixing joystick connections not seen by FSUIPC

If this doesn't work I need to see other files which contain salient data, from the Modules folder:

FSUIPC5.INI
FSUIPC5.Joyscan.csv

Pete

Many thanks Pete, renaming them in the ini file did the trick.  I saw the msg about registry fixed but didn't twig as to what it meant, thinking it had cured any problem.

FYI I do have joy letters assigned. 

This is the first time I've had any problem like this and hadn't seen the FAQ thread you mentioned.

Have a nice Christmas break.