The simFlight Network Forums

Loading Error

Seen the error in forums but cannot trace.   After years of trouble free use FSX Steam now detect a problem with FSUIPC - see attached jpg).  If the warning is ignored ('Yes' selected) FSX continues to load but then auto shuts down.  If the warning is accepted (No) then FSX loads and runs but FSUIPC is not available.

jpg too large! Simply states ' Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software prog. FSUIPC4 DLL: FS new universl interface.  Version 4.974 etc.

4 hours ago, DisneyP said:

After years of trouble free use FSX Steam now detect a problem with FSUIPC - see attached jpg).  If the warning is ignored ('Yes' selected) FSX continues to load but then auto shuts down

What have you changed in the interval between "then" and "now"?

Generally FSX does this when the previous run ended with an error - i.e either crashed or actually failed to end normally and had to be forcibly terminated. FSUIPC is one of the last components to terninate as it has lots of dependencies to check and tidy up, so often Windows blames it as the culprit.

It should correct itself after a few retries, but otherwise re-running the FSUUIPC installer should do it, as it "fixes" the registry entry which 'remembers' the crash. Just make sure you run it "as administrator".

Pete

Many thanks for rapid reply!  So far as I know nothing changed.  I had tried re-installing FSUIPC from my most recent stored download (Dec 18) but was warned 'current version is newer'.

However running as Administrator solved all!  Thank you again.

DineyP