The simFlight Network Forums

Latest version widefs

**** Moved to Support Forum - please post support requests here ****

Hallo,

my problem is, that the latest wideclient.exe will not start.

on the server I have FSUIPC5 with P3D.V4 on win7 64bit.

The client is a win xp sp1 pc. is it possible that the latest wideclient only runns with 64bit systems?

Best regards, Claus

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to support forum

13 minutes ago, Claus Dehn said:

my problem is, that the latest wideclient.exe will not start.

What does it do instead of "starting" -- and what "latest" version do you have please (version numbers are always important)?

14 minutes ago, Claus Dehn said:

on the server I have FSUIPC5 with P3D.V4 on win7 64bit.

Do you have WideFS 7 properly registered and enabled?

16 minutes ago, Claus Dehn said:

The client is a win xp sp1 pc. is it possible that the latest wideclient only runns with 64bit systems?

No. It is a 32-bit program.  But it may not be suitable for Win XP -- that is now very much out of date. The earliest version I have to test with is Vista. I could try a copy on that.

But if it starts then there should be a wideclient.log. There will also be a WideServer.log in the P3D Modules folder.  Both are very relevant to trying to sort out any problems.

Pete

Hi, the widefs7 is registered and enabled. The wideclient.exe does not start anyway. I can not see wideclient in the task manager. Shall I try it with an older wideclient, or are you shure they won't work together with widefs7? version of wideclient: 7.1.5.4

Claus

14 hours ago, Claus Dehn said:

The wideclient.exe does not start anyway

Please describr what you mean by this. Does it not appear when you run it, or appear and disappear, or what? Is a log produced? Is there any Windows error report produced (sorry, I don't know where to look in WinXP. With Win7 and later it's the "Event Viewer" application logs).

Shall I try it with an older wideclient, or are you shure they won't work together with widefs7?

Pretty much all versions of WideClient work with all versions of WideServer. The protocol hasn't changed in a long time  The changes have been extra facilities and some bug corrections over time.

version of wideclient: 7.1.5.4

7.156 is "latest". If there are things like Windows error reports I need you to use the real latest so that module offset data provided in the report can be used.

Pete