The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC.ini modifiction

Hello.

Can someone possibly tell me what the entry would be to put in the FSUIPC.ini file to use the "`" key (default ATC key in FS9) to show/hide the AdvDisplay window?  Or, can someone tell me what the line would be to just configure Button 1 on the CH Yoke to do the same thing?

I can't quite figure it out from the manuals, etc.

Thanks!

Why edit the INI file? Why not just program it in the FSUIPC Options in FS9?

There will be an "ATC" control listed in the drop-down assignment list -- there's even a "List of FS2004 controls" document in your FSUIPC Documents folder. The ATC menu toggle is simply named "ATC".

The key you want assigned is just the default one pre-assigned in FS9. It isn't fixed. The key would invoke the control called "ATC".

Pete

The paid version is needed for that, correct?  I don't have that.

I was told this is for Cntl + X
AdvDisplayHotKey=88,10
so I tried it and it worked.  I just don't want to use Cntl + X.

I have a button on the yoke to invoke the "`" key for the default ATC but am looking to use that button for the AdvDisplay window for use with RadarContact.

16 hours ago, Carob said:

The paid version is needed for that, correct?  I don't have that.

In that case no assignments, whether edited in the INI or done properly in the Option dialogue will work.

16 hours ago, Carob said:

I was told this is for Cntl + X
AdvDisplayHotKey=88,10
so I tried it and it worked.  I just don't want to use Cntl + X.

Ah, certain hotkeys were used by subscribed applications. That one was for Radar Contact.

The 88 is the keycode for "X", the 10 is 2 for Control + 8 for "Normal". Keycodes are all listed in the Advanced User's manual. It is easy enough for you to look up the correct key.

Pete

4 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

In that case no assignments, whether edited in the INI or done properly in the Option dialogue will work.

Ah, certain hotkeys were used by subscribed applications. That one was for Radar Contact.

The 88 is the keycode for "X", the 10 is 8 for Control + 2 for "Normal". Keycodes are all listed in the Advanced User's manual. It is easy enough for you to look up the correct key.

Pete

I had looked in that manual but still wasn't sure what to put.  That's why I posted here.

2 hours ago, Carob said:

I had looked in that manual but still wasn't sure what to put.  That's why I posted here.

Didn't you find a page with the list of key codes? It isn's hard to find. Just try searching for "key presses".  I think it's about page 23. (They are standard Windows key codes).

4 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Didn't you find a page with the list of key codes? It isn's hard to find. Just try searching for "key presses".  I think it's about page 23. (They are standard Windows key codes).

I did.  But can't figure out what the line needs to be to do what I want.

4 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

But you showed me the line. All you had to do was change the numbers, as i said!

But one number is for using the Cntrl key, which I don't want to use, and another was for the actual key.  With a comma between then.  I found that line in a post someone else had done for helping in a similar situation.  I don't understand it.  Is the comma mandatory?  Can just one number be used?  Is the syntax different with just one number?  I'm not a programmer so have no idea what it's supposed to look like.

34 minutes ago, Carob said:

But one number is for using the Cntrl key, which I don't want to use, and another was for the actual key.

Yes, and I told you which was which and what the "normal" value was (8). So, find the keypress you want to use and replce the 88 with its number, and the 10 with 8.

Considering you can't even purchase FSUIPC you are asking a lot of questions, none of which would be needed if you had the licenced version and did this the proper way. Please re-read the answers and apply a little intelligence.

28 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Yes, and I told you which was which and what the "normal" value was (8). So, find the keypress you want to use and replce the 88 with its number, and the 10 with 8.

Considering you can't even purchase FSUIPC you are asking a lot of questions, none of which would be needed if you had the licenced version and did this the proper way. Please re-read the answers and apply a little intelligence.

Holy crap, dude.  I was only asking for a little help.  Sorry I don't measure up to your predetermined IQ qualifications.

5 hours ago, Carob said:

Holy crap, dude.  I was only asking for a little help.  Sorry I don't measure up to your predetermined IQ qualifications.

What amount f IQ does it take to find one number from a list, according to which keypress you want, and to put it next to a comma and another number 98) which I gave you?

You simply ignore all the help I've provided. I've spent a lot of time and when I point out that you haven't even purchased the product, which would have made it much easier and quicket for you to as you wished, as well as being fair when you expect support, yor react as if I'm insulting your intelligence.

This has gone on far enouh. Sorry. i very rarely lock any threads but this one is simply going nowhere.

Pete