The simFlight Network Forums

Setting COM radio frequency with 8.33 KHz spacing

Hello all,

I develop software to connect FSX and P3D to several online flying networks, using C# as the language, and SimConnect as the protocol for communicating with the sim. In recent years, there has been a push towards supporting 8.33 KHz frequency spacing for the COM radios. Using SimConnect, I have not found a way to set the frequency with all three decimal places, because it appears to only support BCD16 format with only two decimal places. (I can read the current frequency and get all three decimal places, I just can't set a frequency with all three.)

So, I'm wondering if this might be possible with FSUIPC. My searching and testing suggests that it is not, and FSUIPC is similarly limited by FSX/P3D internals, but I thought I would ask here before officially giving up.

I'm also curious if it might be possible, but only with the P3D version.

Thank you for any pointers!

-Ross

14 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

I develop software to connect FSX and P3D to several online flying networks, using C# as the language, and SimConnect as the protocol for communicating with the sim. In recent years, there has been a push towards supporting 8.33 KHz frequency spacing for the COM radios. Using SimConnect, I have not found a way to set the frequency with all three decimal places, because it appears to only support BCD16 format with only two decimal places. (I can read the current frequency and get all three decimal places, I just can't set a frequency with all three.)

So the floating point value supplied has any non-zero digits after the first two decimal places discarded?

14 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

So, I'm wondering if this might be possible with FSUIPC. My searching and testing suggests that it is not, and FSUIPC is similarly limited by FSX/P3D internals, but I thought I would ask here before officially giving up.

True. FSUIPC works through SimConnect in any case.

If you do find a way please let me know and we'll implement it in FSUIPC too.

Pete