The simFlight Network Forums

HDG and GHI Radial

The HDG and VOR radial cursors proceed at 10 degrees increments at a time, so I can not choose the route or radial I want, but only one of 36 ranging from 10 to 360, without intermediate values. This, with all the planes.

The problem persists on all the installed simulators :P3dv4.4, P3dv3.4 and FSXSteam.

Someone suggested me to change from NO to YES the string "FixControlAccel =" from fsuipc, but on the latest version, this string is not present.

Do you have a suggestion to give me to solve the problem?

Below, my system.

CPU Intel Ci7 Box Processore 1150 i7-4790 4.4ghz

Dissipatore Corsair hydro H80i CV-9060008WW

MB ASUS Z97-A LGA1150 4D3DC-32000.C.

RAM Corsair Dom K2 Kit di memoria da 16gb, 2x8gb DDR3 2133, CL.9

Scheda video MSI GTX 1080 TI Gaming 11GB GDDR5. Pcle

HADR DISK: SSD Samsung 840 evo 250gb SATA3 per S.O.

SSD Samsung 840 evo 500gb SATA3 per Rex + FSUltimate + p3dv3 + p3dv4

WD 300gb per archivi

WD 300HLFS per programmi + FSX Steam

Unità ottica LG CH12NS30. AUAU Blu-ray Combo

Alimentatore Corsair RM750 CP-9020055-EU ATX/EPS serie RM 750 watt

Case cool master full tower

Monitor Samsung C34H890 34" 3440x1440

SO Windows 10 pro 64bit

Thank you

Pier Giorgio Bartolucci, Venice, Italy

7 hours ago, pgbart said:

The HDG and VOR radial cursors proceed at 10 degrees increments at a time, so I can not choose the route or radial I want, but only one of 36 ranging from 10 to 360, without intermediate values. This, with all the planes.

The problem persists on all the installed simulators :P3dv4.4, P3dv3.4 and FSXSteam. Did you test with default aircraft?

Assuming you are issuing single keypresses or connands, then that must be to do with the way some add-on aircraft do things.  You'dl need to ask their support.

Otherwise it may be to do with how you are making these requests to the panel. you don't say. In fact you don't say even whether you are assigning buttons, keypresses, or whatever, or whether in P3D or FSUIPC.

Someone suggested me to change from NO to YES the string "FixControlAccel =" from fsuipc, but on the latest version, this string is not present.

On 32-bit versions of FSX and P3D that was a fiddle done by patching code inside the sim. But that isn't possible in P3D4. Sorry.

In any case that option was to allow "accelerated" (10) updates to those values when only single ones occurred -- because of interference from many additional controls intervening.

Do you have a suggestion to give me to solve the problem?

Below, my system.

It isn't related to your hardware, but your add-on aircraft  which you don't even mention) or settings (which you also don't mention).

Pete

Forgive the approximation: The problem arises on all aircraft both by default and purchased.

It is done simply by pointing the mouse on the cursor of the instrument and using the + and - keys or using the wheel. So only default functions.

I asked for an opinion because you are certainly very experienced, even if I fear it depends on some malfunction of the operating system.

Tank you

pgbart

11 hours ago, pgbart said:

It is done simply by pointing the mouse on the cursor of the instrument and using the + and - keys or using the wheel. So only default functions.

I asked for an opinion because you are certainly very experienced, even if I fear it depends on some malfunction of the operating system.

I've never actually used a wheel on such things. but each short press of the + or - key should only send one increment ir decrement control. Acceleration occurs when two or more of those occur close together, like a double click. I can imagine that happening quite easily with the mouse wheel, but you should be able to deal with it by slower pressing on the keyboard.

You could enable event and key/button logging options 9two check boxes in the FSUIPC Logging tab, then checking the log after unwanted acceleration occurs. By (temporariliy) running the sim in Windowed mode you could enable console display too on the loging tab and see what happen as you press the keys.

Pete