The simFlight Network Forums

cannot link fsuipc with fsx-se

After three years of trouble free linking of ADE and FSX-SE, I just lost connection between them. I have reloaded FSX-SE, downloaded the latest FSUIPC and attempted to install many times - always with the same error - that FSUIPC cannot find a proper SimConnect.dll ! I do not remember having this hassle when I first set-up FSX-SE, ADE and FSUIPC. I still have no idea why connection was lost - worked fine on Friday and when I fired things back up on Sunday-nothing!  Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks,

Fred Z

Hi Fred,

its not very clear where your error is - is it with ADE, when you install FSUIPC or when you run FSX-SE?

Does FSUIPC install/run ok without ADE? If so, then you probably need to contact ADE support.

I don't have/use ADE, but this post suggests that you need to uncheck 'Connect only to Matching FS Ver' - can you check this?

Are you also sure nothing has changed on your system between Friday and Sunday?

Regards,

John

John, and anyone else, FSUIPC will not install! Error message in FSUIPC install log -

INSTALLATION FOR FSX-SE:
SetupPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\"
Checking version of the FSX-SE EXE:
... Version 10.0.62615.0  (Need at least 10.0.62607.0)
Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:
... Failed to find a valid SimConnect needed to use FSUIPC4!

The SimConnect.dll installed by FSX-SE is too large to attach.

I am at a total loss as to what to do next. Thanks for looking

Fred Z

Hi Fred,

Try to install SimConnect (for FSX-SE) by running the SimConnect.msi (as admin) in these two folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-RTM

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-SP1

Then re-run the FSUIPC4 installer.

Regards,

John

John, Success!!! Thank you so much for your help. Prior to trying your suggestion/cure, I did a total computer shut-down including power switch off for about 2 minuets.  Powered back up, waited for everything to stabilize then ran with you suggestions. 😎

I still have no idea why it went away in the first place but very happy it is back. As a hobby, I have been creating/updating scenery (mostly for Florida) and use the FSUIPC interface between FSX-SE and ADE to assist in placing items in the ADE program.

Thanks again for all your assistance.

Fred Z