The simFlight Network Forums

Wideclient - Keysend

Hello!
I hope anyone can help me.
I want send a key-button to the main computer (on it runs p3d with fsuipc).
This is my user-part of the wideclient.ini

[User]
Log=Errors+
Log=KeySend
KeySend1=90,16 ; Press z 
KeySend2=89,16 ; Release y
UseSendInput=Yes 

But there is no entry in the log or any registration on fsuipc - part keysend.

I don´t find the misstake.

Best regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

I think you are misunderstanding the KeySend functionality. This is for transmitting key presses/releases from your primary sim pc to the client/WideClient PC.

For transmitting keystrokes from WideClient to FSUIPC, You should really be looking at using the virtual button facilities (see 'ButtonKeys: making use of FSUIPC’s virtual buttons facilities' section in the WideFS Technical guide). The 'SendKeyPresses' option has limited capabilities to do this (again see Technical Guide) but is limited to certain systems - its not working for me on Windows 7/10 for example (I'll check with Pete but looks like its limited to Windows 98/ME/2000/XP).

Regards,

John

Hi again Peter,

I just tried again with adding 'SendKeyPresses=Yes' option to the WideClient.ini '[User]' section and this does work, sending key presses from the WideClient pc to the sim pc when WideClient has the input focus. KeySend is used in WideClient, but for receiving KeySends from the sim PC and directing these as key strokes to  other programs on the WideClient pc.

Regards,

John