The simFlight Network Forums

Trim Set Control Bug and work around.

P3Dv4.4 FSUIPC Registered 5.15

I'm building an Arduino based console with Trim wheels, elevator, rudder and aileron.
The wheels are on encoders that dial the trims. For rudder trim left and right, I use controls 66278 and 66279.
I have a push button on the encoder that I use to center the rudder trim using (Rudder Trim Set) control 66732 with a parameter of 0. 

ipc.control(66732,0) will only work once. After centering once, if you dial the trim left or right and then try to center again, the ipc.control(66732,0) will have no effect.
All of the "Trim Set" controls (Elevator, Aileron and Rudder) will not respond if the value of the parameter is equal to the last parameter sent.

I have found a work around by sending ipc.control(66732,1) followed by ipc.control(66732,0).

Cheers

6 hours ago, Fess_ter said:

ipc.control(66732,0) will only work once. After centering once, if you dial the trim left or right and then try to center again, the ipc.control(66732,0) will have no effect.
All of the "Trim Set" controls (Elevator, Aileron and Rudder) will not respond if the value of the parameter is equal to the last parameter sent.

That's the same for all axis controls, not just trim. I expect the controls you are using to adjust the trims are INC/DEC controls, so the axis input doesn't change -- both FSUIPC and P3D only note changes in axis values.

6 hours ago, Fess_ter said:

I have found a work around by sending ipc.control(66732,1) followed by ipc.control(66732,0)

Yes, tha's the usual way around it, whether by two assignments to the press, a macro, or one on the "press" and the other on the "release".

Pete