The simFlight Network Forums

Visibility Manipulation

Hi Pete,

Using FS9, FSUIPC 3.9(z)

Question: I was wondering if I can assign a switch outside of FSUIPC to change the value in the visibility tab "Set Graduated Visibility"? The field I want to control is titled "with this upper visibility (1/100ths mile). Please see image link below as the field is highlighted. 

What I want to be able to do is assign a rotary switch within EPIC that will allows me to change this value instead of having to pause the flight and enter the FSUIPC  module applet.

Reason being is that during daylight flights I want the max to be in the area of around 60nm but at night increase this significantly as it allows the night lights to "pop" and be more brighter as they are in real life.

Thank you for your time,

Michael
www.757simulator.com

Pete1.jpg

3 hours ago, delta757232 said:

Question: I was wondering if I can assign a switch outside of FSUIPC to change the value in the visibility tab "Set Graduated Visibility"? The field I want to control is titled "with this upper visibility (1/100ths mile). Please see image link below as the field is highlighted. 

What I want to be able to do is assign a rotary switch within EPIC that will allows me to change this value instead of having to pause the flight and enter the FSUIPC  module applet.

Sorry, but access to these values isn't possible outside of the sim. Years ago when FSUIPC3 was still in deveopment or at least active support, then it would have been a relatively easy thing to do for you. Nut whilst FSUIPC3 is still supported in terms of help, there's no possibility now of any changes to the code. In fact the same now applies even to FSUIPC4. Only FSUIPC5 and associated utilities are still on the 'active' list.

Pete