The simFlight Network Forums

P3D v4.4 - FSUIPC5 and Ivap Mode C

Hallo, 

After several similar issues reported FSX/FSUIPC4 I m facing the same in P3D v4. Communication between MASTER and CLIENT (IVAP 2.0.2) use Offset $7B91 for change Ivap squawk box from STNBY to MODE C which is not working. Other offsets are linked and functional, so I guess there is no issue with firewall or any data flow restrictions

Reading several articles tried to implemented fixes in FSUIPC.ini like NoActionOn7B91=Yes. Unfortunately still without success.

Installed / FSUIPC5 5.14, WideFs 7.15, P3D v4.4

Hardware in cockpit / ATC Transporder by Opencockpit, SIOC 6

After 2 weeks of investigation I m in the end of ideas. No problem occurs in FSX and FSUIPC used several years before my change to P3D... 

Thank you very much for the direction and any support

Best regards, Roman 

*** Moved to main support forum ***

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to support forum

3 hours ago, Blackjack said:

After several similar issues reported FSX/FSUIPC4 I m facing the same in P3D v4. Communication between MASTER and CLIENT (IVAP 2.0.2) use Offset $7B91 for change Ivap squawk box from STNBY to MODE C which is not working

I don't know IVap at all I'm afraid, but there's no change whatsoever in what FSUIPC does for anything involving offset 7B91.

Is that way of operating the Transponder mode supported by iVap, for P3D4? It was a Squawkbo thing.

Is iVap interfacing to FSUIPC?  Ifso , is it an EXE or a DLL? Does it say it is connecting?

Or is it using the SimConnect Client data named "Squawkbox Data"?  Is iVap using that?

Use FSUIPC's logging to show changes in 7B91 -- Logging tab, right-hand side. enter it there as yype U8 and check "normal log" before. Then the log will show what it does. Does it changes correctly?

Then you will probably need iVap's help.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Pete

after several tests in the last weeks I tried more variations to be able answer your questions...

FSUIPC logging -  helped me a lot to see values in offsets like 7B91 and 7B93. I found the problem in update of IFly due to corrupted installation file. Re download and clean installation created now possibility to see the changes in FSUIPCs logging.. so this works now. Thank you for the right direction... The issue is not more FSUIPC

For further question and lot of forums reading IVAP use SimConnect client as you mentioned "Squawbox Data"

I saw several old discussions on forum where you were involved to support simmers and solution was solved on FSUIPC4 level. I can confirm on 2nd server FSX/FSUIPC4 it works without any problem... I m struggling now P3Dv4/FSUIPC5   

If any idea in your mind where I have to focus would be highly appreciated.

Rgds Roman

On 4/28/2019 at 5:20 PM, Blackjack said:

If any idea in your mind where I have to focus would be highly appreciated.

Can you do the same logging in both FSUIPC4 and FSUIPC5, go through the same Transponder sequences, and let me see the logs. I want to see what the difference is that you are getting, because the code is the same in the 64-bit version.

the 32/64 bit difference in P3d itself may also be a fsctor dependening what the Ivap module or program is doing. you didn't say whether it's a DLL which is running inside P3D or an external EXE.

On 4/28/2019 at 5:20 PM, Blackjack said:

For further question and lot of forums reading IVAP use SimConnect client as you mentioned "Squawbox Data"

Have you confirmation that the P3D4 version is using this still?

Pete