The simFlight Network Forums

P3Dv4 GF-46 blank display after pc startup

Hello Pete,

I read lots of articles concerning GF-46 modules to be used with P3Dv4 and Windows 10. Several people do have same problem as I do. Starting up P3Dv4 the GF-46 displays stay blank (dark). After some reboots of the pc they are lite up and work fine. Some people write about a problem with the GFDEv.dll of FSUIPC, but nobody really has a solution to my (our) problem. Do you know what's fact n that issue? What can I do soft- or hardwarewise to get the GF-46 modules start up properly? I am using FSUIPC 5.15 for P3Dv4 and GF COnfig 2.28 and latest version of P3Dv4 also!

regards

Georg

20 minutes ago, Gkraft said:

I read lots of articles concerning GF-46 modules to be used with P3Dv4 and Windows 10. Several people do have same problem as I do. Starting up P3Dv4 the GF-46 displays stay blank (dark). After some reboots of the pc they are lite up and work fine.

What is the GF-46? sorry, I've clean forgotten their numbers.

20 minutes ago, Gkraft said:

Some people write about a problem with the GFDEv.dll of FSUIPC

GFDev.dll is a 32-bit module, it doesn't work with P3D4.  You need GFDev64.dll in the P3D4 modules folder.

Both versions of GFDev are provided by GoFlight for programs like FSUIPC to handle their devices.

There are reports of inconsistent working of USB devices when connected to USB3 sockets (the ones with blue showing). Make sure you plug into a USB2 socket. If that doesn't work you need GoFlight support.

Pete

• 7 months later...

Hello Pete

YOU DID IT AGAIN ! ! !  After our last conversation I had the problem not to find a download location for GFDev64.dll. Then I left the simulator as it is due to heavy workload. Now I have been looking again for GFDev64.dll and I found it somewhere in your posts. I copied it to the P3D modules folder and since that time everything works fine. Forget about using USB2.0 or 3.0 hubs. Also forget about pluging the GF-46 modules to different USB hubs. At the time I am using one pcs powered 16port USB 3.0 hub and I plugged in everthing; the Goflight modules, CH pedals, emuteq GNS530 and SAITEK yoke. In the meantime I brought my simulator up to P3D version 4.5 on my Windows10 Pro pc. Everything works fine and reliable.

AGAIN your information brought me to success - MANY, MANY THX

regards

Georg

1 hour ago, Gkraft said:

I had the problem not to find a download location for GFDev64.dll. Then I left the simulator as it is due to heavy workload. Now I have been looking again for GFDev64.dll and I found it somewhere in your posts.

GFDEv64 is available, like most of our software, in the Download Links subforum here (see the subforums list at the top!).

Just open the Download Links subforum and see the thread called "updated modules".

Do NOT get any software from old posts in the Forum. they could be old versions, or test versions, and unsupported!

Incidentally all the current software is always also available on the new official Dowson page. petedowson.info

Pete