The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG Engine Issue

Hi Pete

I have a slight issue with the engine 1 and have spoken with PMDG who have said remove the fsuipc.ini file from the modules folder and all should work again, this was true, but I need fsuipc, so there help stopped at that.

I'm running windows 10, FSX (DVD) and fsuipc.. I have a full Throttle Quadrant with a leo bodnar card installed, I have set the PMDg fmc engine start switches with key commands as the manual said, Ctrl shift + F1 for engine 1 Idle, ctrl shift F2 Engine 1 Cut etc. I have used a button (engine switch lever on the QT) and mapped this to a keypress ctrl, shift F1.. This seems to operate perfectly, but. If I start the cockpit in Cold and Dark, Engine 1 will only spool to 20.4 and won't give me any thrust power, the engine oil temp also only rises to 13, where as engine 2 spools to 21.4 given full thrust and oil temp of 78. 

If I move the fsuipc file out of the module folder, it works, so it appears to be something in FSUIPC which I haven't done right. 

I've found another post of yours, explaining about the H file and to add a number, I've found this in my H file

#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_ENG1_START_LEVER				(THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 688)	
#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_ENG2_START_LEVER				(THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 689)

Then you said to the other guy, Look at the top of the file and this will give you the "Third Party Event ID".... I've looked all over the file, but see nothing relating to this third part event id.. Am I right in thinking that this Event ID, is actually located in the PMDG_737NGX_Event_IDS and is therefore listed below

Control Stand                        SDK   EVENT ID
EVT_CONTROL_STAND_ENG1_START_LEVER   684     70316
EVT_CONTROL_STAND_ENG2_START_LEVER   687     70319

So do I add 688 to the 70316 to make 71008 or do I use that SDK number and event id as above (70316 + 684 = 71000)

Thanks

Yes, thats the idea. However, seems strange that the 'PMDG_737NGX_Event_IDS' document (?) seems to specify this event id as 70316. What is the control with event id 70320 in that document?

It may be worth clarifying this discrepancy on the PMDG forums, but I would go with the header values rather than the documentation in this case.

Cheers,

John