The simFlight Network Forums

Reverser position

Hi Pete,

Is there any FSUIPC variable that looks at the actual position of the thrust reversers?  I need a way to trigger an event once the reversers are 60% open, but cannot find any eisting variables that cover this.

Im using Prosim737, and they have made gates for reverser sync locks, but these operate even with the engines shut down, which is not what i need.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Mick Cliffe said:

Is there any FSUIPC variable that looks at the actual position of the thrust reversers? 

There's only the throttle positions. Negative numbers are reverse. Positive are forward.

I need a way to trigger an event once the reversers are 60% open, but cannot find any eisting variables that cover this.

You'll onlt get a number, between 0 and -n, where n is a percentage of 16384. The percentage for max reverse,, expressed as a fraction, is a separate value in the AIRCRAFT.CFG and is available also in one of the FSUIPC offsets, as a throttle value. 0.25 in the CFG fgives a max or -4096..  so you can work out 60%

Im using Prosim737, and they have made gates for reverser sync locks, but these operate even with the engines shut down, which is not what i need.

A throttle in reversed position will still show its value in the offsets as they refer to the lever position.

Pete