The simFlight Network Forums

Using Lua to talk to simconnect in FSUIPC

While I am sure this has been asked before, I could not find exactly what I am looking for anywhere on these forums.

I would like a way to use Lua and a registered version of FSUIPC to make Simconnect calls.

I have moved over 130 commands from Jim Page's Link2fs to a Lua library that runs under FSUIPC, and they are working exactly as I hoped.  But I have a few remaining commands for which I have Link2fs and Simconnect codes for, and which do not appear to have FSUIPC offsets.  

So is there a way to use Simconnect extractions and inputs with FSUIPC and Lua?

1 hour ago, Jennifer Van Gorkom said:

I would like a way to use Lua and a registered version of FSUIPC to make Simconnect calls.

I'm sorry, but there's no "Simconnect" interface in FSUIPC's lua library. Simconnect calls will be used in executing some of the requests, but no way is there a direct connection.

1 hour ago, Jennifer Van Gorkom said:

But I have a few remaining commands for which I have Link2fs and Simconnect codes for, and which do not appear to have FSUIPC offsets.  

And what are they?  Maybe you are not simply recognising them, as offsets or as controls.

Pete

32 minutes ago, Jennifer Van Gorkom said:

The variables I am most interested in right now are:

FIRE BOTTLE DISCHARGED

ENG ON FIRE

I don't think any version of FS  simulates the fire panel as such.  so the former isunlikely. Of course it's a read-out not a control. But if it is only add-on aircraft simulating it it won't be a SimConnect function.

For Engine Fires FSUIPC does provide an offset which can be used to start and stop them and also as an indication. Search the FOffsets list PDF in you FSUIPC Documents folder.  also, if you look through the assignable controls 9at least for P3d4) you'll find these 

EXTINGUISH ENGINE FIRE
APU EXTINGUISH FIRE

but I suspect those might be P3D4 only.

Pete

Pete

I have them working via Link2fs and the simconnect codes, but these are basically all that is preventing me from moving entirely away from Link2fs to a Lua library for FSUIPC.

I will look into what you have pointed me at to see if that can be made to work.

Is there a link to the documentation for the Prepar3d version of FSUIPC?  I have been thinking about looking at switching, and this might be what makes the final decision for me.

FSUIPC is a great product.

Thanks

Jennifer

3 hours ago, Jennifer Van Gorkom said:

Is there a link to the documentation for the Prepar3d version of FSUIPC?

When you install FSUIPC5 the documentation is also installed -- into the FSUIPC documents subfolder. But there is not so much difference as far as the offsets are concerned, maybe a few new ones.

The most up t date list of P3D controls accessible through FSUIPC assignments is produced as a text file automatically when it is first run with an new build of P3D. but otherwise the current "List of controls" PDF is pretty close. There are new ones added now and then which will appear in the generated text file.

Checking the current PDF covering FSX and P3D it seems those two I mentioned are NOT new to P3D4, nor even to P3D.

Pete