The simFlight Network Forums

WideFs error

*** Moved from User Contributions ***

Hi,

after I got the following error message

"FS Eliminator for FSUIPC client application

FS Eliminator for FSUIPC client application no longer works"

WideFS does not connect the client PC to the FSUIPC server PC. After WideFS has started via the auto start menu folder I have to close this application and start WideFS again.

Then erverything works fine. The error occurs ervery time I have shut down the PC Network and start it again after a couple of time.

Thanks for your support in advance

Peter

Hi Peter,

6 hours ago, FS4U said:

WideFS does not connect the client PC to the FSUIPC server PC.

Presume you mean WideClient, which is part of WideFS.  It may be that the network (or other services) may not be available yet when auto starting. Do you have anything in your event log?

Could you also try adding
    Log=Debugall
to the [user] section of your WideClient.ini (or add the [user] section if not already there). Then post the log when you get the crash. The log file may be quite large but zips up nicely.

John

Hello John,

I can`t see the WideClient.log files in the WideFS Folder as well there are no log files in the Prepar3D Modules folder. Attachetd youn will find the WideCleint.ini.

The error occurs the first time after I restarted the network PCs few times. Since 4 Years I had never  had a problems with the WideClient.

Kind regards

Peter

WideClient.ini

Sorry, I'm referring to the Windows event log. Start the Event Viewer (you can find it from the search box in the Start menu) and look under Windows Logs -> Application. There should be an Error event there at the time of the WideClient crash, and possibly some other events at the same time. Copy any events at the time of the crash and post them.

Oh, and for the WideClient log, ignore my previous advice (wrong option, sorry!), you want to enable Hide extensions for known file types in your folder options.

John

Sorry John,

it seems that I am a little bit in the "windows off". Command prompt is clear: windows+r,  but how can I change the directory to my WideClient?

Kind regards

Peter

Click your start menu, in the search box, type 'command' - the top option will be 'Command Prompt' (or something similar, depends on Windows version and what you have installed). Select the 'Command Prompt' option. A window should open. In that window, type 'cd <your install directory>', whatever your install directory  fore WideClient is, use that (is it 'C:\Users\Peter\Downloads\WideFS'? Are you running from your download directory?).

When you are in the directory, type 'dir' to get the folder contents.

Anyway, its really a lot easier using Windows Explorer. Did you try changing your folder options to see hidden file types?

Google is your friend in these matters!

John

Sorry John that I waste your time with this windows problems, folder options "see hidden file types" is enabled. Shame on me, I did a stupid mistake (no space bar after "cd") sorry for that. I will send you the WideClient log file as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

12 hours ago, FS4U said:

WideClient was up and waiting for P3D to start and I didn´t get the ...no longer works' message.

...and the log indicates that it connected when P3D started. Was this not the case?

I need to see the log generated when you get the message that message that WideClient has stopped working, or when it fails to connect to P3D when you start it. 

The log files you have posted so far don't show any issues!

Regards,

John

Okay John, but I get no message that WideClient has stopped working. The only different that I can see in the log files is that SIOC is only runing when I restart the WideClient. So I thing we should close this topic and wasting your time. I will delete WideClient.exe from the auto start folder and in the future I will start it manuel when Prepar3D is running. So everything will work fine.

Thanks for your efforts and kind regards

Peter