The simFlight Network Forums

can't change altitude with buttons

I have Carenado  DA62 using the G1000.  I've tried using ap alt var inc and dec to change the alt, but it doesn't work. I can do the hdg,  vs with ap vs var inc and dec.  I can inc / dec speed with fsuipc.  I've asked on the Carenado da62 forum at avsim, but I don't think Carenado developers look at that site very often.  I've had about 30 people look at the message, but no responses.  

It is not a problem with FSUIPC.
Many designers must use L:Vars to create advanced autopilot functions incorporated into the stock AP.
Some examples are FLCH, Pitch climb/desc, SPD climb/desc, FPA and so on. 
Consider the L:Var as the human ALT input into some hidden code that controls the "internal" AP ALT values.

I do not have the Carendo DA62, but do have the Alabeo DA42, so the following "may" work. 
The Carenado/Alabeo guys have got themselves an assembly line when it comes to systems - they continually reuse old code from their other releases.
For instance, in the DA42... (L:VARKNOB_MFD_ALT100_SR22, number) From the SR22 release.. ( BTW - that var just provides animation )

Looking deeper into the DA42 code I found, and "assume" this...
1 (>L:G1000MFDALT100WheelDN,number)  --> sending a 1 to this var will decrease their "internal" calculated AP alt value. 
1 (>L:G1000MFDALT100WheelUP,number)  --> sending a 1 to this var will increase their "internal" calculated AP alt value.

Even if these are the correct vars or not, a lua script or macro will have to be made to incorporate hardware into the DA62 alt adjust.
Sorry, cannot help much more without the DA62, but hopefully it gives an idea of where to go from here.

Roman

EDIT - Unknown if Carenado did the extra work but it "is" possible to have traps that intercept stock commands and feed them to their internal calculations. 
You could try the following, listed in "The #### List of FSX and P3D Controls.pdf" found in your Modules\FSUIPC Documents folder.
G1000 PFD ZOOMIN BUTTON 66748
thru 
G1000 MFD SOFTKEY12 66800 

If any may work, they could any of the following -
G1000 PFD GROUP KNOB INC 66757
G1000 PFD GROUP KNOB DEC 66758
G1000 PFD PAGE KNOB INC 66759
G1000 PFD PAGE KNOB DEC 66760
or
G1000 MFD GROUP KNOB INC 66785
G1000 MFD GROUP KNOB DEC 66786
G1000 MFD PAGE KNOB INC 66787
G1000 MFD PAGE KNOB DEC 66788

Edited by spokes2112
Possible trapping of stock G1000 commands

Thanks, I'll check it out.  it's funny that the nose up\down , heading bug, and speed changing all worked from the stock commands.  It would be nice is Carenado had a forum or at least visited and replied to the one on Avsim.