The simFlight Network Forums

P3D screen black when selecting FSUIPC Add-on in the menu

Hello everybody,   (I copied my question here originating from the user contributions forum which was probably wrong)

I encountered the following problem today. 
Everything was working fine in my system two days ago. I have written a Lua script that was working fine.
Now all of a sudden today after starting P3D, when I select FSUIPC Add-on from the menu the P3D window just shows black until I press the ESC key. I have no idea why that happens. I am not aware of any change in my system. The only thing I noted today when starting the PC, somehow P3D was already running and told me that the display resolution is wrong and whether I want to change. I said no. Maybe that was an error. But with the screen resolutions settings in Windows 10 and in P3D everything seems fine. 
I have:
P3D 4.5.12.30293
Sim connect 4.5.0.0
FSUIPC5, Version 5.151 
Windows 10 
Any advice would be appreciated. 
Thank you
Detlef 

Hi Detlef,

1 hour ago, Detlef_747 said:

when I select FSUIPC Add-on from the menu the P3D window just shows black until I press the ESC key

the P3D window blackens when you open FSUIPC. When you press the escape key, that will close FSUIPC.

Sounds like your screen resolution change has moved the FSUIPC window out of visibility. Try removing the ini parameter OptionsDialogOffset (from your FSUIPC5.ini file, located in your Modules folder), with P3D closed, and then restart P3D.

Alternatively, go back to your previous screen resolution!

Btw, you are using an older (and unsupported) version of FSUIPC. Please update to 5.152.

John

47 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Try removing the ini parameter OptionsDialogOffset (from your FSUIPC5.ini file, located in your Modules folder), with P3D closed, and then restart P3D.

Hello John,

that worked! Thank you again for your fast help. I am making progress with my project to get my old switch hardware working with P3D. The Lua script is 3000 lines long by now, and it seems to work ok. At least it is not working worse than my old Visual Basic solution. But I did not really do much flying with it until now. Some things, for example auto pilot functions, I can only test in flight.

The FSUIPC documentation about ipc Lua functions and sim control variables is just great and very helpful.

I will change to the new FSUIPC.

Thank you

Detlef