The simFlight Network Forums

Setting Up Honeycomb Alpha Magnetos

2 hours ago, David_MC said:

I'm having an issue setting up the magneto/starter switch on the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke.   The switch has 5 positions but FSUIPC only recognizes it as a 2 position (Buttons 30 and 31) switch.

Possibly the other positions use button numbers 32 and upwards. FSUIPC only handles 32 buttons per controller.

Check in Windows Game Controllers to see what buttons it shows (bear in mind that it might count from 1, so 1-32, whereas FSUIPC counts for 0, 0-31).

If this is the case then the only way in FSUIPC would be to use virtual buttons, using the pLua plug-in HidDemo.lua, provided in your FSUIPC Documents folder, in the Lua examples ZIP.

Pete

• 7 months later...
On 11/7/2019 at 3:51 PM, David_MC said:

I'm having an issue setting up the magneto/starter switch on the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke.   The switch has 5 positions but FSUIPC only recognizes it as a 2 position (Buttons 30 and 31) switch.  Is there something I am doing wrong here?

I would recommend LINDA, if I may: https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/427-linda-downloads/

I'm able to use all the Honeycomb's switches and buttons, including all 5 positions of the magneto and starter switch. There are a number of ready-made aircraft profiles to use and tweak as desired.