The simFlight Network Forums

FSX is rejecting to run with FSUIPC4

Hi Pete,

On Feb 26, 2018, I purchased FSUIPC4 (the most recent version on that date) & WIDEFS7 (the most recent version on that date) -at simMarket.

Both software is great.

Now I have a problem: Lately when starting FSX I get a message that ‘FSX has detected a problem with FSUIPC4 DLL Version 4.974’ and asks me if I want to run FSUIPC4 with FSX: Then, if I select “No”, FSX runs but without FSUIPC4; and if I select “Yes”, FSX closes.

Please see attached picture.

I will appreciate it a lot that you please tell me how to proceed to correct this.

Best regards,

Luis

Hi Pete,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Per Marcel Fransen’s post, should I proceed deletingC:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe     REG_SZ   $~IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSUIPC4.dll> RUNASASMIN…” in my Registry Editor? Just by rightClicking and clicking on Delete?

Please see attached picture.

If yes, please tell me if I should not fear disrupting anything: Will my FSX load and run OK after deleting that key?

Best regards,

Luis

2 hours ago, L Molina said:

Why I am not allowed to upload any image -even of less than 20kb?

No idea. It's evidently a function of the software used for the Forum. There are quite a few Forums on which I find this problem.

I think you need to put the image on another webite and put the link here using the "Link" selection just above the edit area (like two chain links). I think there are some free sites for hosting images for just such a purpose.

Personally, for support requests, I prefer text to images. I often fin it difficult to work out exactly what it is the poster wants me to see. For Windows error reports you can get all the text details in its Event Viewer.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Please see my first post above and your reply.

Per Marcel Fransen’s post, should I proceed deletingC:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe     REG_SZ   $~IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSUIPC4.dll> RUNASASMIN…” in my Registry Editor? Just by rightClicking and clicking on Delete?

If yes, please tell me if I should not fear disrupting anything: Will my FSX load and run OK after deleting that key?

Best regards,

Luis

9 hours ago, L Molina said:

That's what I read. Except it's "ADMIN" not "ASMIN". See:

1) Open regedit

2) Goto the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

3) Delete the key "C:\\Games\\FSX\\fsx.exe"="$~ RUNASADMIN IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSUIPC4.dll>"

If the key does not exist or does not end with the “IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSUIPC4.dll>” then you have a different problem than described here…

4) If you would like to run FSX as an administrator you need to activate that again as you removed that in step 3.

Why not just follow those instructions?

I've never had this problem (which is usually caused by a bad scenery or texture file) so I have never had to do this.

The reason FSUIPC4 gets marked down to not be loaded is because it's usually the last thing running when FSX crashes. By the time FSUIPC4 gets notified and tries to tidy up its assorted threads, everything else has closed. (This could happen also to any other SimConnect client DLL with multiple threads, but FSUIPC is the only common one).

Pete

Hi Pete,

I could not reply sooner because there was an eight-hour power outage here.

Thank you very much for presenting me with the solution proposed by Marcel Fransen.

There are several reasons why I not just follow Marcel Fransen’s instructions:

This is the first time ever that I face a computing problem which requires that I edit a PC registry; and in a situation like this and since I am a neophyte on this, I need to be cautious.

My research of the last few days on registry editing came across with a lot of warnings about severe damages to the PC that wrong handlings of a registry can cause -In summary: if something wrong is done with the registry: the PC may end needing a full restoration of everything in the hard drive.

My hobby is aviation -not computing, and it is unlikely that I could be able to become an expert (or at least become enough-proficient) in registries in this opportunity.

Pete,

what I need is that you please tell me that you believe that after deleting the key “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe     REG_SZ   $~IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSUIPC4.dll> RUNASADMIN…” with my Registry Editor, by right-clicking on this key above and clicking on Delete:

(a)

No further damage to the PC will be caused by that deletion,

(b)

FSX will open and run OK, and

(c)

FSUIPC4 & WIDEFS7 will again continue working correctly with FSX and other software.

Please help me -I will appreciate it very much.

Best regards,

Luis

7 hours ago, L Molina said:

what I need is that you please tell me that you believe that after deleting the key “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe     REG_SZ   $~IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSUIPC4.dll> RUNASADMIN…” with my Registry Editor, by right-clicking on this key above and clicking on Delete:

I've already told you that I have never had the problem being discussed, but it seems, from that thread in FAQ, that others who have were successful in fixing it following Marcel's advice.  I gave you my theory as to why Windows does mark the DLL in this way. There is nothing more I can do about it. It isn't FSUIPC4 which is failing, but it is due to another crash you've had in FSX.

If you are worried, just make a backup first.  See https://www.windowscentral.com/how-backup-entire-registry-windows-10. i can't explain it better. I've frequently edited the Registry, and in more critical areas than simple "compatibility flags" which is all that part is recording.  Except for the strange way it marks a library to be Ignored in this way, Windows Compatibility settings are controlled in the program properties (right-click on the EXE file of the program, select Properties then Compatibility).

Pete

Thanks a lot, Pete.

I appreciate your advice very much.

I am now ready to delete that registry key.

Best regards,

Luis

PS: I will first do a backup of the registry and will see the FSX‘s compatibility in Windows 10 as you mentioned it to me. Thanks again