The simFlight Network Forums

Can't calibrate to get full range of yoke for aileron

I turn the yoke lock to lock and set the left and right values.  Though they read slightly differently with each turn from center to extent, it's only +/- 150 at the most.  Small compared to 16384.  It shows that it has set +/- 16,xxx for a max/min value, but there are fully 30 degrees of unusable yoke turn on each side.  In other words, when I turn the yoke to a position that is 30 degrees before hitting the stop, on either side, I already have maximum aileron deflection (on any model I choose).  I have also made sure to unmap the P3dv4 control setting.  So what am I missing?

Edited by yankeeclipper

31 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

I turn the yoke lock to lock and set the left and right values.  Though they read slightly differently with each turn from center to extent, it's only +/- 150 at the most

Are you talking the values in FSUIPC Axis assignment, or in Calibration only? In assignment make sure you don't have "RAW" selected. Many joysticks actually have a relative low number of actual different values. For instance the original PFC controls only had a maximum of 127. Even modern stuff using optics only boast around 1024.

And the full range of -16k to +16k used in the Sim is only 256 different values -- values closer than that have the same result.

Anyway, it certainly sounds like you haven't calibrated in Windows. Do that first.  The "IN" value shown in FSUIPC Axis assifgnments tab is the actual vlaue supplied to it by the DirectInput part of Windows. So it's the calibration record stored in the Windows registry which governs the input range.

Pete