The simFlight Network Forums

FS Menu deactivation problem

Hello,

FSUIPC offset 32F1 can disable some FS menu, you know,

Bit 13: Disable Options menu

Bit 14: Disable Flights, Aircraft and World together

Bit 15: Disable All

My problem is my Flight Tracking software (our VA is http://www.flythy.com) disable menus that is using bits 13 and 14. But in FS2004 with SBRelay and SB, when the dialup users hanged-up their connection SBRelay is also lost multiplayer connection with FS. After that it will be not possible to create a new FS multiplayer connection session. Only the thing is using Flight menu and connect to SBRelay session again. But my software is blocking to access all the menus. After a long story,

Does anybody know to way, how can I (on bit 14) disable only Aircraft and World menus without disable Flights menu. :?:

This very important for dial-up pilots beacuse we are using online reporting also with this software. Or we have to wait until the SB 3.0 relase date. :cry:

Best Regards,

Hi boe1iz,

What you ask can't be done afaik. I had contact with Pete when he worked on the disable-menu routines, and as I recall he had good reasons to do it the way he has done. I also wanted to disable parts of the menu and his solution was exactly what I needed; if you need more, well maybe Pete can implement it after all.... lets wait until he gets back (today?)

Raymond

Does anybody know to way, how can I (on bit 14) disable only Aircraft and World menus without disable Flights menu. :?:

I think it would be easy enough to do this, but it has not been requested at all before. I only added what was specifically requested there. I can add it to the list of things to do in the next version, if you wish.

Regards,

Pete

FSUIPC offset 32F1 can disable some FS menu, you know,

Bit 13: Disable Options menu

Bit 14: Disable Flights, Aircraft and World together

Bit 15: Disable All

I have now added bits 10, 11, 12 for World, Aircraft and Flights menus separately, leaving the others as they are. I don't have time to test right now. If I send you a Beta can you test and let me know? It should work fine, the code was pretty easy.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Pete,

First of all, in current released version, I think there is a problem to disable World menu. When I set Bit 14, only Flights and Aircraft menus disabled. World menu did not disable.

Based on this problem, when I set Bit 10 seperately in Beta version, Bit 10 is not working. World menu couldn't disable.

The others are working (Bit 11, 12, 13 and 15 seperately) perfectly.

for your info.

Regards,

First of all, in current released version, I think there is a problem to disable World menu. When I set Bit 14, only Flights and Aircraft menus disabled. World menu did not disable.

Based on this problem, when I set Bit 10 seperately in Beta version, Bit 10 is not working. World menu couldn't disable.

The others are working (Bit 11, 12, 13 and 15 seperately) perfectly.

Is this with FS2000, 2002 or 2004? Possibly the Menu ID's have changed. I'll check when I know what version of FS you've checked it with. Certainly it isn't anything changed in FSUIPC, so I assume it never operated on the World menu in FS2004? It should be easy enough to fix.

Regards,

Pete

I'll check when I know what version of FS you've checked it with.

Yes, you're right. I should have informed you which version of FS I have checked. That was FS2004. I don't have the others. And I know that in FS2002, Bit 14 was working properly.

Regards,

• 8 years later...

Hi Pete,

can you send to me the code to disable some menus , for exemple : Disable all menus.

I'm written a new app for VA in C# , in my app i need disable the refueling on cruise , probabily o solve this error disabling the access to the menu , right ?

Best Regards

can you send to me the code to disable some menus , for exemple : Disable all menus.

No, it is built into FSUIPC3.

I'm written a new app for VA in C# , in my app i need disable the refueling on cruise , probabily o solve this error disabling the access to the menu

Well you could read the fuel levels and prevent them being increased instead by re-writing the previous lower values each time you see this happening.

Pete