The simFlight Network Forums

I started my p3d 4.5 and discovered no FSUIPC was present in the pull down menu.

Previously I uninstalled FSX which was on my computer as well to clear some space. That move may have deleted part of the FSUIPC files as I still have some FSUIPC files in the P3d module including the init file.

I don't want a reinstall to replace my present files as I have quite a bit of time invested in creating presets for my planes.

Will I need to reinstall FSUIPC or merely reinsert some files to make it work again.

If it is best to reinstall, how can I best reinstall FSUIPC while keeping those files that have my presents information in them away from being replaced.

I hope the problem is clearly explained.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Hi,

by running the FSUIPC Installer you install all files but the INI or Key file. The INI file is only created when running P3D (FSUIPC) and no FSUIPC5.ini file is present. A installation will not modify or overwrite an existing FSUIPC5.ini file.

As well I would always have a copy of the existing FSUIPC5.ini file.

So it is save to run the latest Installer

Install complete FSUIPC version 5.153 Install FSUIPC5.153

Thomas

Thank you Thomas,

I backed up my initial init file before installing the new FSUIPC. Thank you.

As it happened, after launching P3D and finding the presents were not present i discovered the old init file was replaced by the new one, therefore no presets.

I replaced the new with the old init file and upon launching p3d again it seems the old presets are back.

Thank you very much for helping me out