The simFlight Network Forums

ntdll.dll file issue

Hi,

I'm writing you since you're my last chance/hope to fix an issue in my P3D 4.5 (last version).

• Couple a weeks ago, after some add-on apt installation, ev'ry time I tried to start my, after loading the sceneries it CTD. My last add-on was Pilot's LEST (Santiago de Compostela)
  • Since then I treid to install a couple of apt add-ons, manually or via installer, but ev'ry time I got the CTD, and ev'rytime, the "Event log) reported an issue 1)loading P3D, and the path leading to a ntdll.dll file.
  • I was told my computer shop technician that this kind of file should bring, if damaged or corrupted, failures in a lot of other applications; this doesn't happen at all; and I truly think that this has sense.
  • It is useless to uninstall these add-ons; I must recover the system to a former date (and since then I'm used to create a recovery point of my own).
  • I u nderstand that this issue is possibily not so much coherent with your products (I'm the owner of your last FSUIPC payware forma lot of years), but I've been told that you are theonly person absolutely master of P3D systems.

I hope you'll be able to halp me in some way; in the meantime I thanks you in advance and regards,

Fulvio 

3 minutes ago, Aman Lulo said:

Couple a weeks ago, after some add-on apt installation, ev'ry time I tried to start my, after loading the sceneries it CTD. My last add-on was Pilot's LEST (Santiago de Compostela)

Try uninstalling that scenery then.

3 minutes ago, Aman Lulo said:
  • Since then I treid to install a couple of apt add-ons, manually or via installer, but ev'ry time I got the CTD, and ev'rytime, the "Event log) reported an issue 1)loading P3D, and the path leading to a ntdll.dll file.
  • I was told my computer shop technician that this kind of file should bring, if damaged or corrupted, failures in a lot of other applications; this doesn't happen at all; and I truly think that this has sense.

ntdll ijust a library of many Windows functions, used very heavily. Something is calling it with bad data.

4 minutes ago, Aman Lulo said:

It is useless to uninstall these add-ons

Why? The normal and reliable way to locate an error is to start off with P3D clean, completely devoid of Add-Ons. Then add them back one at a time, testing each time. You could, maybe, speed that up a little by uninstalling one half, then the other half, and proceed thnce narrowing it by halving. But that is error prone and can be misleading.

Sceneries added can be eliminated by renaming your SCENERY.CFG (in the ProgramData folder) and your Prepar3D Add-Ons folder (in Documents). Most other add-ons will be removed that way too. for others you will want to rename the DLL.XML and EXE.XML files in the ProgramData folder and also those in the <you>\AppData\Roaming folder.

Pete

Hi Pete, it's very kind of you to answer me in nearly real time. I'll follow your advice, even if my add-ons are about 1.000  ☹️. I think, as I've been suggested, not to re-install W10, since I'm nearly sure the problem is my sim.

"It is useless to uninstall these add-ons"; what I meant is that even after the add-on un-installing, the sim CTD; it works properly only after a recovery to the date before the last installation.

Re-thanks; I'm ready to begin from the foundations. 

Fulvio