The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 Registration HELP!!!!

MOVED FROM FAQ SUBFORUM!

Hi all, don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I cannot register my FSUIPC4, when I go into FSX the addon is there,  and on the right side of the window it says to exit FS and go to the install program again and register there. When I do that I get the window with the log information and a message that the newest version is installed, click ok, and it disappears leaving no where to put the registration key.     

So how am I suppose to register it.  Yes I do have the key  I have been all over the FAG's on this site and still can not fine a solution. 

Thank you in advance for any help. 

1 hour ago, Aim9F2 said:

go to the install program again and register there. When I do that I get the window with the log information and a message that the newest version is installed, click ok, and it disappears leaving no where to put the registration key.

Registration is always via the Installer.

The message that the version is installed is just a confirmation that the Installer doesn't need to change it. It then continues to the Registration options, which evidently you by-passed originally.

First off, make sure you are using the very latest Installer -- download it again just in case. You can get it from FSUIPC.COM or in the Download Links subforum above. Then don't forget to run it "as administrator" as it says in the instructions provided.

If you then still have a problem you need to post here, in a message, the contents of the Install FSUIPC4 log file, which you will find i the same folder as the Installer EXE you just ran.

BTW, I moved your support question from the FAQ reference subforum to here, the Support Forum, so it could be answered. 

Pete

Hi Pete,

Just an update on my problem I had with FSUIPC. and getting it registered. I followed the advise and info you provided, down loaded it,  don't know how many times, ran it as administrator, and still nothing worked.

So I figured I go to FlightSim.com and see if they had the FSUIPC listed and they did, so I downloaded it, installed it, and within 2 minutes it was registered and loaded and works.

Saying all that I am wondering if the FSUIPC download from your site is missing something? 

Just asking..

49 minutes ago, Aim9F2 said:

So I figured I go to FlightSim.com and see if they had the FSUIPC listed and they did, so I downloaded it, installed it, and within 2 minutes it was registered and loaded and works.

Saying all that I am wondering if the FSUIPC download from your site is missing something? 

There is certainly nothing wrong with the version we supply to all through our regular hosts.

As I said, I need the Install log from the FAILED attempt. And I need to know what version it is you found on that site. No one else is supposed to host it, and using out-of-date versions is not supported!

There's no way we can identify and fix problems with the zero information you've actually supplied so far.

Pete