The simFlight Network Forums

737 overhead

Hi! I´m thinking of building a overhead panel for the PMDG NGXu. What I wonder  is what switches will I have to use? I won´t use any rotary switches, just 2-step switches and 3-step switches. Do I have to use a ON-OFF, or can I use a ON-ON switch instead. I will use a BBI-32 as interface card. And for the 3-steps switches, can I use whatever switch that comes with 3 steps or do I have to use For instance a On-OFF-On for the battery switch. And also, For the APU switch can I use a normal On-Off-On instead of a off-on-Mon?

Wilhelm

4 hours ago, Wilhelm Prytz said:

Hi! I´m thinking of building a overhead panel for the PMDG NGXu. What I wonder  is what switches will I have to use? I won´t use any rotary switches, just 2-step switches and 3-step switches. Do I have to use a ON-OFF, or can I use a ON-ON switch instead.

What's an "ON-ON" switch? Surely it must have an OFF position?

If you mean the difference between a button which when pressed is on, when released is off, or a similar spring-loaded switch, and a latching toggle, then it depends. You need to examine a realy overhead panel, or maybe the one in the NGX.

do I have to use For instance a On-OFF-On for the battery switch

The battery switch is definitely a simple latching toggle. it is either on or off. It doesn't change by itelf.

And also, For the APU switch can I use a normal On-Off-On instead of a off-on-Mon?

The APU switch is the 3 position switch with one position spring. so it of OFF / ON / START with the start sprung to centre.

I can't really help you specifically with PMDG producrs. You need to go to the PMDG forums for that. But your switches should first be at least close to what the real NG uses. If you are not going to use any rotaries how are you going to manage tohse switches needing rotaries, like the Landing and Cruiseing altitude settings on the Pressurisation module?

The switches for the electrical display are multi-position of course. and many others are three position.

Pete