The simFlight Network Forums

P3Dv4.5 & FSPUIC 5.155

Good evening all,

I have just done a fresh install of P3Dv4.5 and I added FSUIPC as I need it to make FSXWX tool works. However, I am experiencing a freeze and CTD without an error message upon completion of the loading of the scenario (so aircraft on the runway, works for about 5 sec then freeze and CTD).

I have the following installed:

- PMDG Aircraft / Captain Sim Aircraft

- REX Sky Force

- ORBX Global

- I have downloaded a weather injection tool call FSXWX (http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/home.htm)

I have attached my log:

********* FSUIPC5, Version 5.155 (27th March 2020) by Pete & John Dowson *********
Running inside Prepar3D v4
Module base=7FF82B050000
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit reported as Build 18363, Release ID: 1909 (OS 10.0)
Prepar3D.exe version = 4.5.13.32097
Reading options from "T:\Games\P3D v4.5\Modules\FSUIPC5.ini"
Checking the Registrations now ...
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC5 not user registered
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
      141 System time = 30/03/2020 19:10:19
      141 FLT path = "C:\Users\Thomas\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\"
      141 Using DialogMode
      156 FS path = "T:\Games\P3D v4.5\"
      172 ### Checking Prepar3D.cfg
      172     Controllers are set to ON, using RawInput within P3D
      172 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      172 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      172 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      172 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
      172 Opened separate AI Traffic client okay
    75984 Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4", Version: 4.5.13.32097 (SimConnect: 4.5.0.0)
    76000 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
    76000 FSUIPC Menu entry added
    76000 ... Using Prepar3D with Professional Plus License
    76375 C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D_Default.fxml
    76375 T:\Games\P3D v4.5\SimObjects\Airplanes\IRIS Raptor Driver\Raptor.air
   279844 ### The user object is 'F-22 Raptor - 525th Fighter Squadron'
   279844 ### Mode is NORMAL
   280547 ### Mode: PAUSE on
   393969 Loading Complete ...
   394000 ### Mode is NORMAL
   395141 Aircraft loaded: running normally now ...
   395187 User Aircraft ID 4 supplied, now being used
   395391 System time = 30/03/2020 19:16:55, Simulator time = 14:00:01 (19:00Z)
   401391 -------------------- Starting everything now ----------------------

I have quickly established a link between the installation of FSUIPC and the CTD. I therfore remove the loading lines of the module in the DLL.XML and it doesn't crash...

I am a free user of FSUIPC as you can tell by the log therefore I understand I may not be entitled to the level of support of a customer. But I normally manage to fix most of my issue on FSX/P3D but I must say, I am stuck on this one. Let me know if I need to provide other data.

Kindest regards,

Thomas.

Hi,

first thing is to eliminate to which program actually is causing the problem. As FSUIPC is the interface that is used by other program to read/write data it is most likely not the problem. Disabling other add-ons and adding them step by step.

The problem might be a corrupt weather file, best is to delete those from saved flight that will be loaded.

To avoid any forced read of weather data please add this to the [General] section in FSUIPC5.ini file

NoWeatherAtAll=Yes

FSUIPC5 for Advanced Users.pdf

General weather options
NoWeatherAtAll provides a diagnostic facility to make FSUIPC avoid all weather reading and writing activities. This
is invoked by adding “NoWeatherAtAll=Yes” to the [General] section of the FSUIPC5.INI file.

Thomas

Good evening Thomas,

Thanks for the quick reply, greatly appreciated. You gave some good thoughts about a weather issue related and I put back the default wxmapping.bin into my P3Dv4 Weather folder. I also added the line to my FSUIPC.ini and it worked like a charm. Could you please advise if the line you asked me to add to my FSUIPC.ini will have an effect in using FSXWX tool ?

Kindest regards,

Thomas.

Hi,

the added line forces FSUIPC to not invoking FS Weather, as the registered version has some facilities to do so. But mainly it doesn't force P3D to read the weather file from saved flights. When those are corrupt P3D will crash as soon it gets to it.

External WX programs are not effected as they normally inject the weather direct into P3D or using FSUIPC Offsets if not that advanced.

Thomas