The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle over counteracting during turbulence

Shom

Hi,

I remember it was reported that the throttle over reacting during turbulence was to be fixed in SP1 but could not understand from the release notes if it was indeed fixed?

Edit: found the following in the release notes: -changed AT responsiveness to match the real world AT even closer

However, I did a flight in the E195 and the throttle was still all over the place (decreasing/increasing violently) in order to keep the speed during turbulent conditions.

Thanks,

Edited by Shom

On 4/17/2020 at 2:13 AM, Shom said:

Hi,

I remember it was reported that the throttle over reacting during turbulence was to be fixed in SP1 but could not understand from the release notes if it was indeed fixed?

Edit: found the following in the release notes: -changed AT responsiveness to match the real world AT even closer

However, I did a flight in the E195 and the throttle was still all over the place (decreasing/increasing violently) in order to keep the speed during turbulent conditions.

Thanks,

I can confirm that I am also having this issue. I just purchased the E170/190 yesterday. 

During flight, using a third party weather engine, with the autothrottle on, any turbulence or changes in wind speed will cause the autothrottles to increase or decrease rapidly in an effort to "compensate" for a disturbance in airspeed. This can be seen both on the engine display and by the throttle levers physically moving. 

I thought at first it may have been a setting withing Active Sky with live weather injection, which is what I use for weather.

To check this I switched from Active Sky back to the default heavy thunderstorms scenario. The autothrottle issue stopped using a default weather situation.  

So I tried another third party engine: Rex Weather Engine included with Skyforce 3D, also using real time weather injection.

My results were the same noting erratic throttle behavior using a third party weather engine vs. default weather scenarios. This is for both the E170 and the E190.

• Upvote 1