The simFlight Network Forums

Speedbrakes wont deploy - and a few other things

Thomas Greer

Just bought the Ejets V3 and I am quite disappointed that are a few bugs, and things that just arent implemented for some odd reason.

First one is that my speedbrakes wont deploy in the air at all, only after landing and reverse thrust is engaged. This makes slowing down quite difficult. 

Another thing is that the speed of the MCP dials is really too slow, especially when flying online and having to comply with ATC instructions and do other things at the same time. Having to dial up to cruise altitude or adjust heading by 90 or more degrees can take some time.

I am also left wondering why the lighting of the flightdeck has been neglected, through daytime lighting, dynamic lighting, panel resolutions. It really depletes the immersion factor, for something that even freeware developers are able to introduce. Seems like if was a half-hearted effort to get an older jet compliant with a new sim.

The exterior model however is quite nice, and the systems seem to be modelled to a decent level which is good. A few things are missing about this jet which could just finish off the product.

29 minutes ago, Thomas Greer said:

speedbrakes wont deploy in the air at all, only after landing and reverse thrust is engaged

Yep.  This is how the real-world plane works.  See -

30 minutes ago, Thomas Greer said:

MCP dials is really too slow,

See -

31 minutes ago, Thomas Greer said:

lighting of the flightdeck

See -

On 4/19/2020 at 6:51 PM, scoobflight said:

Yep.  This is how the real-world plane works.  See -

Hello,

Sorry for posting since I don't own the product yet but I have been reading around to get an idea about it before buying. However, I'd like to add some information about this.

In the real aircraft, the speedbrakes are automatically retracted in flight when:

- Flaps 2 or more are selected.
- Speed is 180 kt or less.
- Thrust lever angle (TLA) is 70º or more. 

Therefore, in the real E170/190, you can have the speedbrakes fully deployed with Flaps 1, even with thrust way above idle, as long as you are flying at more than 180 kts.

When automatically deployed, the EICAS advisory message will be shown: SPDBRK LEVER DISAG.

In direct mode, speed brakes are not available. 

I don't know if there is any version of the aircraft in which this is different, or that it would change that behaviour with another EPIC load, but I would strongly doubt it... ¿?

Best regards,

Marcos.

Edited by Winglet

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 5:05 PM, Winglet said:

Hello,

Sorry for posting since I don't own the product yet but I have been reading around to get an idea about it before buying. However, I'd like to add some information about this.

In the real aircraft, the speedbrakes are automatically retracted in flight when:

- Flaps 2 or more are selected.
- Speed is 180 kt or less.
- Thrust lever angle (TLA) is 70º or more. 

Therefore, in the real E170/190, you can have the speedbrakes fully deployed with Flaps 1, even with thrust way above idle, as long as you are flying at more than 180 kts.

When automatically deployed, the EICAS advisory message will be shown: SPDBRK LEVER DISAG.

In direct mode, speed brakes are not available. 

I don't know if there is any version of the aircraft in which this is different, or that it would change that behaviour with another EPIC load, but I would strongly doubt it... ¿?

Best regards,

Marcos.

Is this current config incorrect?

2020-5-2_21-39-22-961.png

2020-5-2_21-38-57-518.png

11 minutes ago, Thomas Greer said:

Is this current config incorrect?

2020-5-2_21-39-22-961.png

Hello Thomas, 

Yes, from what I can see in that picture, the speed brakes should be deployed. 

In any case, had the system inhibited the speedbrake deployment for any of the reasons stated in my previous message, you should get the EICAS message "SPDBRK LEVER DISAG". This is neither shown here, so I don't know what's going on. It doesn't look right. 

Best regards,

Marcos.

Edited by Winglet
Typo

Just now, Winglet said:

Hello Thomas, 

Yes, from what I can see in that picture, the speed brakes should be deployed. 

In any case, had the system inhibited the speedbrake deployment for any of the reasons stated in my previous message, you should get the EICAS message "SPDBRE LEVER DISAG". This is neither shown here, so I don't know what's going on. It doesn't look right. 

Best regards,

Marcos.

Yep. Something is clearly not working as it should.