The simFlight Network Forums

Please more painless update process in v6

You have updated FSUIPC6 3 times (Thank you for once again quick continued updates and support over the years) but the new installation with FSUIPC6 is not like v5. 3 times I have to go back to my Simmarket account and get the registration information. In previous FSUIPC versions it was a very painless "check existing registration" option in the installer but not now. Can you change this process after the first time we have installed it? Thanks.

2 minutes ago, B77X said:

In previous FSUIPC versions it was a very painless "check existing registration" option in the installer but not now. Can you change this process after the first time we have installed it?

You only have to do this once. When you re-install, you can just skip this stage by clicking the 'Next' button. I see no need to have a 'check' function.

What I would like to do, when I get a chance, is to maybe pre-populate the registration panel fields from your key file if already registered.

3 minutes ago, B77X said:

& the format of the addon xml is a single long line no spaces could you adjust this in a future version?

I know, this annoyed me, but there is not an easy way around this as its not supported by the tools I am using. I will write my own tool for this at some point, but not sure when this will be.

3 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

You only have to do this once. When you re-install, you can just skip this stage by clicking the 'Next' button. I see no need to have a 'check' function.

What I would like to do, when I get a chance, is to maybe pre-populate the registration panel fields from your key file if already registered.

I know, this annoyed me, but there is not an easy way around this as its not supported by the tools I am using. I will write my own tool for this at some point, but not sure when this will be.

Oh okay! I thought it wanted the registration entered by the installer. I will ignore and press Next. As for the format of the add-on.xml I use the Lorby Addon Organizer and when I next open it and save, it reformats the addon xml. Thanks again!

Quick comment on the changes.txt file it says to look in the P3D Addons of my documents for any auto save files but should it say look in My Documents and Prepar3d V4/5 Files folder not Addons folder?