The simFlight Network Forums

NGXu Confirm

Hi Pete

I don't usually start the NGXu from cold and dark out of quickness, but with being on lockdown, I have plenty of time to start.

I run a full home cockpit with the overhead panel etc and discovered an issue that I wanted to confirm wasn't just my setup

Usually on the NGX I had fsuipc with the parameter numbers, ie 0, 1 or 2 etc

So for example Bus Gen Switch (On & Off) was set like

Control Set when Button Pressed

Custom Control 69659 
Para - 2 (for switch on)

Control Set when Button Release

Customer Control 69659
Para - 1 (Switch Off)

This always worked, however, now when I set that up on the NGXu, I can see the switch move in the virtual Overhead panel but it doesn't action the command, just moves the switch unless I use:

Control Set when Button Pressed

Custom Control 69659 
Para - 536870912 (for switch on)

Control Set when Button Release

Customer Control 69659
Para - -2147483648 (Switch Off)

Just wondering if this is correct

It seems to only effect things that are On & Off, everything else that has 3 or more commands still work with the Para numbers as usual, 0, 1, 2, 3, etc like the DC Meter switch, Packs etc

but things like the Gen Bus which is only off / on, or Ground power is only off / on, seem to have to use the mouse click para instead

Just to clarify, I'm using p3D v4.5 and PMDG latest update NGXu with FSUIPC 5.155

36 minutes ago, Ridgeandgable said:

Just wondering if this is correct

It seems to only effect things that are On & Off, everything else that has 3 or more commands still work with the Para numbers as usual, 0, 1, 2, 3, etc like the DC Meter switch, Packs etc

but things like the Gen Bus which is only off / on, or Ground power is only off / on, seem to have to use the mouse click para instead

I don't use any PMDG aorcraft, but as far as I know, and according to the supplied PMDG information (the controls list in their SDK "h" file), all of the custom controls provided operate like the mouse operation they replace, and use one of the listed mouse codes accordingly.

If you've had them working with plain numbers I think you may have just been lucky, or the number has a correct matching bit in it when compared to the mouse codes. 

The complicated looking decimal numbers you quote are actually simple in binary. The hex representations are:

-2147483648 = 0x80000000 (so just one bit set)
536870912 =      0x20000000 (ditto)

Check in that PMDG file to see what they mean it terms of mouse operations.

42 minutes ago, Ridgeandgable said:

Just to clarify, I'm using p3D v4.5 and PMDG latest update NGXu with FSUIPC 5.155

FSUIPC isn't really doing much here, only sending whatever action you assign on to the Sim, to be picked up by the aircraft code.

Pete

Hi!

When you would like it totally the cockpit to cover, you will need conditional value broadcasts then. For example the guard provided switches. But what you brought up when it is not necessary to register actual values to the control. You will have need because of this the LUA, it though the LINDA you can handle it comfortably.

I attached NGXu sample lua

Julius

NGXu sample.lua