The simFlight Network Forums

problem Goflight TQ6

hello,
using P3Dv4.5 with PMDG 747-8 and new Goflight TQ6
The reversers are assigned with the botton control. When I use rev no. 2, the spoilers deploy. Only using no. 2
In the P3D there are no keys assigned, controller disabled. In fsuipc no other buttons assigned.
What´s wrong?

Dieter

FSUIPC5.log

3 hours ago, ddressel said:

The reversers are assigned with the botton control. When I use rev no. 2, the spoilers deploy. Only using no. 2
In the P3D there are no keys assigned, controller disabled. In fsuipc no other buttons assigned.

Well, apart from the Log showing continuous "85637" custom controls -- presumably one of the PMDG ones -- indicating a constantly and rapidly repeating button, It also shows that you have an axis control being sent for SPOILERS_SET.

There's nothing else useful there, and it is even less useful than it should be because of this:

[Continuation log requested by user]

This shows you specifically closed the clog and started a new one, by pressing the NEW LOG button in the Logging tab. Please don't do that! It's only these for breaking up a long test into manageable files.

We can't really help further without a proper log, from the beginning, AND, even more importantly, tyour FSUIPC settings -- the FSUIPC5.INI file.

Pete

hello Pete,
thanks for the quick response
in the 747 fmc-menue are no buttons assigned.
The spoiler axis is assigned for the majestic Q400 tiller.

I un-assigned this axis, but the issue is still alive.

Sorry, I didn`t know, that I don´t have to start a new log. I thought the log would record only this issue.

Here´s the last (not new) log and the ini-file

thanks in advance

Dieter

FSUIPC5.ini FSUIPC5.log

18 minutes ago, ddressel said:

Here´s the last (not new) log and the ini-file

Well, your TQ6 button 2 is assigned to Throttle 2 decrement for your B474 (odd name) profile, but Throttle 1 decrement for your B777 prtofile. That shouldn't matter, jst pointing out that you could easily get mixed up.

The only assignments you have to Spoilers are to axes, not buttons. The assignment for your B474 profile is

6=3X,1,D,22,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Spoilers }-

so it's the X-axis on the TQ6. Could that be the axis associated with button number 2? I don't know the TQ6, but possibly when you press a button associated with an axis, it sends the axis as well? The spoiler setting being seen is 16384, which is fully deployed.

Test with the spoiler axis lever at the other end of its travel, which should be spoilers off. See if you get a different result.

The other possibility is that before using the reverse thrust button you had spoilers armed, and the add-on aircraft you are using takes that as a signal to deploy spoilers automatically? Not that it should -- it should deploy them on touch-down..

Come to think of it, why are you using reverse thrust if not to slow down after touch-down?

Either way, I have to say that it isn't anything in FSUIPC which is doing it.

Pete