The simFlight Network Forums

GPS Info

Hi team . Is there anyway to extract the Departure and destination airport info from  the FSX data using an offset or or Control.

It shows in my GPS as YPPH Perth and YBBN Brisbane but I can not find any way to extract that so it can be displayed on another program

Thanks

Owen Moore 

1 hour ago, OwenM said:

Is there anyway to extract the Departure and destination airport info from  the FSX data using an offset or or Control.

If you have your plan loaded into FSX for its built-in GPS then there are offsets which provide some data. See the Offsets Status document in your FSUIPC documents folder (offsets in the 6000 - 61B8 area). There's no departure ID (I think you are supposed to know where you came from :-)) but there is the destination ID

6137 5 GPS: Flight plan destination airport ID

If you really want the full plan you can read it from the file PLN file. the full filepath for that is in offset 0130.  If possible 9i.e. the folder is shared) the filepath is provided in UNC format so you can read it from another PC.

Pete