The simFlight Network Forums

NumLock

50 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

I cannot assign a keyboard shortcut Ctl+Shft+Num1  (GSX is assigned there...)

End is always set instead Num1 

It doesn't matter if the numeric keypad is on or off.

FSUIPC can only go by the Windows message it gets telling it the Key code for the key being pressed. I think the NUM LOCk should change that, but i don't know. Try enable the Ket Press logging in FSYUPC's logging tab and see what it shows.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

FSUIPC can only go by the Windows message it gets telling it the Key code for the key being pressed. I think the NUM LOCk should change that, but i don't know. Try enable the Ket Press logging in FSYUPC's logging tab and see what it shows.

Pete

Thanks for the help.

I did not see anything in the log. But one key Num1 is recognized perfectly. And in combination with the shift+ctrl turns into an End.

2 hours ago, BMW969 said:

I did not see anything in the log.

No keypresses logged at all? Are you sure you checked thevright Logging option?

2 hours ago, BMW969 said:

But one key Num1 is recognized perfectly. And in combination with the shift+ctrl turns into an End.

Ah, I think probably the combination cancels the Num Lock temporarily.

Actually I can check that now, whilst typing this ...  Yes! I put the cursor at the start of this line, made sure Num Lock was on, then pressed hift + Num1 -- and all that happened is that the cursor moved back to the end of the line. The Ctrl in addition doesn't turn it back into a 1 either.

So, sorry, it seems that key combination isn't usable, or at least not settable in the dialog.  You could try editing the assignment line in FSUIPC's INI file. The format and keycodes are detailed in the FSUIPC Advanced User's guide, 

Or, perhaps easier, why not change the GSX assignment instead?  I don't use its default assignments. I think I changed them all because they clashed with something else I was using.

Pete